What are you watching at the moment?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished Parks and Recreation. There's now a huge hole in my life.

Fargo! Who else has been watching this? Utter, utter genius.

I will.   The fact you like it has put me off even more though    

Posted Images

• 10 months later...

Tonight, I'm watching Restrepo...I'll let you know how it does.

It's a documentary about a young company's twelve months deployment at a US forward position in the Korengal Valley - The KOP - their relationship with a fallen soldier named Restrepo, a poignant hill outpost they named after him, and their day-to-day interactions, all with live footage and soldier accounts. In one instance when they talk about their experiences of Operation Rock Avalanche; there's some very harrowing footage in the mid contact of a distressed soldier when he discovers that one of his friends has died in the fight. It's all very personal, I felt like it was an intrusion to watch it happen.

Worth a watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in human evolution. We are things that labour under the illusion of having a self, a secretion of sensory experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody...."

"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in human evolution. We are things that labour under the illusion of having a self, a secretion of sensory experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody...."

So whats the point of getting out of bed in the morning?

House of Fools, Vic and Bobs new show. It's better than I expected. Will never hit the heights of "the smell of reeves and mortimer", but it's decent in patches and worth watching if you like Vic and Bob. Think the slade in residents sketches crossed with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson's show Bottom.

• 2 weeks later...