What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaking Bad

I've just started Breaking Bad. A series about a Chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed with lung cancer so in order to provide for his family and because he has nothing to lose starts making crystal meth. Really good.

That's on my radar big time. About 6 or 7 people have all told me it's the best thing they've ever ever watched. That's a fair measure of it being at least half decent.

Tonight though, I'm watching The Help I think.

Very late to this party but I got the boxed set for Xmas - loving it. A rare show that has both me and the wife enthralled and talking about characters / plots.

Should finish Ascension tonight, acting is appalling - but the story is okay;

After reasonable early promise, me and the wife tore the last episode to :censored:ing shreds.

First episode was fine - great little cliff hanger that certainly took me by surprise (the missus worked it out early doors), second part is just filler that really didn't progress the story much, the final part is just an absolute mess. I don't know if anybody watched it either on SyFy of Sky over the last few weeks, however there are a few 'how did he get there?' and 'who the hell is that?' moments that are so amazingly bad at papering over the plot holes that it spoils what could have been an interesting story.

Funny thing about it is, it's so bad we're hoping that the second series gets the green light.

After reasonable early promise, me and the wife tore the last episode to :censored:ing shreds.

First episode was fine - great little cliff hanger that certainly took me by surprise (the missus worked it out early doors), second part is just filler that really didn't progress the story much, the final part is just an absolute mess. I don't know if anybody watched it either on SyFy of Sky over the last few weeks, however there are a few 'how did he get there?' and 'who the hell is that?' moments that are so amazingly bad at papering over the plot holes that it spoils what could have been an interesting story.

Funny thing about it is, it's so bad we're hoping that the second series gets the green light.

Sounds like one to swerve.

Yes, dog:censored: as predicted

(Or dogshut)

Utter drivel aside from the landscape, although I thought you may continue with it just as appreciation for the early fate of Eccleston, who was horrendous even in his brief cameo...

Has anybody on here watched Mad Men? I'd recommend it very highly for people who aren't bothered about explosions and that

Utter drivel aside from the landscape, although I thought you may continue with it just as appreciation for the early fate of Eccleston, who was horrendous even in his brief cameo...

Has anybody on here watched Mad Men? I'd recommend it very highly for people who aren't bothered about explosions and that

I started watching MadMen - it was alright but could've done with a few explosions IMHO opinion

I don't for the life of me see why he couldn't have been the one shot whilst being mauled by a polar bear right at the beginning....

I love Mad Men.

Watching The Affair at the moment. A few episodes in and it's pretty decent.

Has anybody seen Fortitude on Sky Atlantic..?

Yes, it's not bad - intriguing, claustrophobic, isolated, and unnerving. Reminds me of Twin Peaks - it's not Twin Peaks by any stretch, however it's worth staying with it.

I started watching MadMen - it was alright but could've done with a few explosions IMHO opinion

I too love, absolutely love Mad Men even though not much happens and it is mostly set in an office and I spend most of my time in one of those. I think I just love the whole look of the show, some of the characters are great, when I grow up I want to be Roger Sterling - he has some fantastic lines and scenes. I also long for the day when I can have a drinks cabinet in my office and just get stuck in to it when I feel like it.

I'm going to save up Better Call Saul till we can watch all of it in a couple of sittings. I loved him in Breaking Bad so am really excited about this.

I too love, absolutely love Mad Men even though not much happens and it is mostly set in an office and I spend most of my time in one of those. I think I just love the whole look of the show, some of the characters are great, when I grow up I want to be Roger Sterling - he has some fantastic lines and scenes. I also long for the day when I can have a drinks cabinet in my office and just get stuck in to it when I feel like it.

I'm going to save up Better Call Saul till we can watch all of it in a couple of sittings. I loved him in Breaking Bad so am really excited about this.

I'm thinking the same. I hate getting right into a series and having to wait a week for to watch the next episode.

Mad Men really is the pinnacle of series-writing. Such an intricate story for each character and so many subtle references to the time that it's set. Goes just at the right pace as well. It's really genius.

Better Call Saul first episode was above expectations. Kind of funny in the BB sort of way and the return of a couple of interesting characters. Has the potential to be a pretty decent spin-off. The start bit in black and white was a strange one though, I thought! Had to check my screen was working...

Archived