What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bosch was very good.

House of Cards is up to its usual high standard so far.

Frank Underwood reminds me a bit of Lee Johnson.....

I'm half way through Bosch and it warming up nicely. Has a strangely dated style about it - feels a bit like a 70s cop show.

I appear to be in a minority but I felt the second season of House of Cards wasn't a patch on season one and after the big shock on S2E1 felt like a bit of a drag.

Watched first episode of season 3 this evening and again, just not finding it that engrossing. Will stick with it for a bit but mainly on how brilliant S1 was.

I appear to be in a minority but I felt the second season of House of Cards wasn't a patch on season one and after the big shock on S2E1 felt like a bit of a drag.

Watched first episode of season 3 this evening and again, just not finding it that engrossing. Will stick with it for a bit but mainly on how brilliant S1 was.

I thought the first two episodes were a bit slow but it does pick up well then there's the odd slow episode here and there.

They have different people directing each one which could be why. Not sure if they did this with previous series?

When it's good it's really good though.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the first two episodes were a bit slow but it does pick up well then there's the odd slow episode here and there.

They have different people directing each one which could be why. Not sure if they did this with previous series?

When it's good it's really good though.

I couldn't stop watching the first two series but the third is...dirge. It's one thing when the actors start directing (usually just after they start to get production credits), but there's a dangerous whiff of focus group about it. The first two series were about Frank's crazed ambition and Lady Macbeth's cold amorality. The third series sometimes focuses on policy issues, like the West Wing, and is therefore very, very boring. In the third series, you have to wait ages for the bits featuring the pure malice. There's one or two an episode now, whereas every scene in series 1 and 2 had several people going at it with their competing malice all at the same time.

I've been doing a course and have my next/last exam for at least a year on Thursday so I've been alleging that I can't start something as I "should be revising", like now to be fair. I am saving Saul up for Easter when we have a few days off but we do have a bit of a backlog:

Boardwalk Empire last series

Most recent Walking Dead

Saul

Fortitude

Veep

Fargo

Going to save and savour the last episodes of Mad Men - I am going to miss this.

GoT

Parks And Recreation

Waiting for Series 3 of Orange Is The New Black

What a time to be alive! There is some great TV being made.

Despite my revision restriction we are up to date with House of Cards and have are actually mid way through series 2 of the British one. Both are quality, I like politics so enjoyed series 3 of the US one. Frank is brilliant! There is a whiff of 'How long can we spin this out?' but even when an episode is 6 out of 10 it is still better than so much telly.

Anyone watching Better Call Saul? I've been pleasantly surprised.

S01.Ep08 - it's fabulous.

Late to the Game of Thrones gig, S01 Ep03 done, why I haven't watched this before is beyond me.

Fortitude is becoming frustrating over the last two installments, might as well stick with it though.

The new series of Vikings "does what it says on the tin" (i hate that phrase)

Gangland Undercover is pretty good so far - based on the true story of Charles Falco who infiltrated the Vago's biker gang to avoid prison for meth dealing

American Crime is alright but is going off on some daft racial angle a few episodes in

Secrets and Lie's is utter dog:censored:.

Talking of utter dog:censored: - did anybody suffer much of The Ark on BBC1 last night?

The bloke who plays Frank Gallagher played Noah in the style of Frank Gallagher. Honestly.

I'm convinced BBC executives sit in meeting rooms playing a game of "What is the lowest level of dross can we get away with forcing these lot to pay for?"

It's getting ridiculous beyond belief.

Anybody recommend Twin Peaks? Made well before I was born but David Lynch...

Just finished Peep Show. Some of the best television I have ever watched, especially around series 3-5. Don't think I stopped laughing for about 10 episodes.

Anybody recommend Twin Peaks? Made well before I was born but David Lynch...

Just finished Peep Show. Some of the best television I have ever watched, especially around series 3-5. Don't think I stopped laughing for about 10 episodes.

Well before you were born? :censored:, that makes me feel old!

Peep Show's brilliant.

Early 90s, I think.

Indeed, likely to be 1992, I was 16 and had just started college, my now wife and I became friends over our love of certain types of music and TV shows such as Twin Peaks and Vic and Bob.

I don't think I've seen a freakier character on TV than Bob.

Kids today don't know they are born!

How does Christopher Ecclestone keep getting acting jobs?

This!!!!

Sons of anarchy. Loved it but was a bit disappointed with the final episode.

Last season of walking dead was dire, they need to up their game for me.

true blood was good but again, the last episode was crap.

Enjoyed the French series on channel 4 (or was it 5) last year abou t the village where the dead kept coming back. May have been The Returned?

Love Ray donovan. It's just a tv version of Grand Theft Auto!

Archived