What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spotted a remade American version of The Returned on Netflix. What about series 2 of the French version!

The second season looks like it's set for a late 2015 release, eight episodes - looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I started Generation War last night which is quite good.

It follows 5 friends from Berlin through World War 2.

Harrowing in parts so far and weird how you kind of want the Germans to win in the battle scenes once you get to know the characters.

Fargo. It's like an American version of Utopia. Not as good.

Anybody watch that 1864? The supposedly next big Scandinavian show about the Second Schleswig war on BBC4, after the last one. I'll get round to that soon.

Also, thoughts on the latest series of Game of Thrones? Boring, in my opinion. Nothing has actually happened for about 2 series now.

Apart from Joffrey being killed, the main plotter being identified, new allegiances being formed and the plot moving forward I'd agree with you.

Good job I'm bang up to date with this or you'd be paying the iron price.

Baelish is moving his pieces ready to strike, Cercei has bitten off more than she can chew with the House of Tyrell, John Snow will be riding south with 60,000 wildling warriors to aide Stannis, and :censored: knows what's going on with the White Walkers.

The only storyline that interests me at the moment is that around Winterfell - Baelish, Bolton and Reek, Sansa, Stannis.

Danaerys has been doing the same thing for about 3 series now and I'm bored of it, there has been such a long build up to Lannister-Tyrell plot and it's only now getting interesting, Arya, Jaime, Brienne and Bran webs are a bit meh to me.

Episode 5 was by a long shot the best of this series.

The only storyline that interests me at the moment is that around Winterfell - Baelish, Bolton and Reek, Sansa, Stannis.

I know, but...

:censored:ing hell, the last scene in Episode 6, with Sansa and Ramsey was :censored:ing pointless. The way they're handling this is :censored:ing terrible. I know he's the lowest of the low, he's an absolute evil bastard (ha!) of the lowest order but the rape thing was completely unneccessary and :censored:ing pointless. It's so obvious they're going to do some kind of revenge/redemtion think with Reek / Theon - it's just so badly handled.

And how :censored:ing crap is the Dorne / sandsnakes strand? :censored:ing hell. Weak.

In summary - Season 5 has been a huge sack of :censored:e for me so far. It needs some big-ass hammer-hitting moments for the last few episodes, of which I'm confident will happen.

Oh, and Danaerys is probably one of my favourite strands. The rise to power for her is all about building it up slowly, and at the moment she's seeing how difficult it is to rule in the way she'd like to rule. I like it.

I know, but...

:censored:ing hell, the last scene in Episode 6, with Sansa and Ramsey was :censored:ing pointless. The way they're handling this is :censored:ing terrible. I know he's the lowest of the low, he's an absolute evil bastard (ha!) of the lowest order but the rape thing was completely unneccessary and :censored:ing pointless. It's so obvious they're going to do some kind of revenge/redemtion think with Reek / Theon - it's just so badly handled.

And how :censored:ing crap is the Dorne / sandsnakes strand? :censored:ing hell. Weak.

I've become completely desensitised to the whole medieval horror thing, one murder or dehumanisation of one character is no more monsterous than any another. After watching nearly five seasons of this I don't think that we have any standing to question if one particular evil scene in a truly grim story was necessary. I've read the Vanity Fair review and it went into :censored:ing meltdown. :censored:.

Hmmm, I think this does sum things up rather well. I've put it in a spoiler though in case...

WSCmkP7.jpg

I think the scene with Sansa will be shown to be more about putting some lead in her pencil, she's seen her father killed, forced to live at Kings Landing against her will, been usurped to the throne by Margery, had to put up with Cersei, married off to Tyrion, separated from her sister, discovered that the rest of her family have been murdered, messed around by Littlefinger, met what has become what was someone she grew up with and married off to a mad man. And she's done all this with little more than a pout and wondered where her next plate of lemon cakes is coming from.

I know she is only supposed to be about 15 but hopefully finally she might grow a pair, join the game and start scheming like everyone else is.

Fargo. It's like an American version of Utopia. Not as good.

Anybody watch that 1864? The supposedly next big Scandinavian show about the Second Schleswig war on BBC4, after the last one. I'll get round to that soon.

Also, thoughts on the latest series of Game of Thrones? Boring, in my opinion. Nothing has actually happened for about 2 series now.

Fargo I started but didn't finish. I'll get back to it. Good but too similar to the film.

I fancied 1864 but the reviews are shocking.

Game of Thrones has always been strangely addictive hard work...

Ex Machina was massively disappointing.

I might finish the enjoyable :censored:e that is The 100 tonight.

I want to like Lillyhammer but it's a bit daft and hard work.

I've picked back up with Spiral on Series 4. It's good but it's all the same and I needed the several months break I've had.

Archived