Budget

jsslatic

Outway. Good word. Not in the dictionary.

I think I know what you mean.

At no point did I mention random ventures or your mother, and I'd appreciate you keeping mine out of it.

It's just I've got this sense that the banker-backed Tory Government might well have alienated business altogether. Hence the hoarding. It's a mystery. What's the explanation?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outway. Good word. Not in the dictionary.

It's a long and boring journey from Manchester to London by coach. I think I did admirably under the circumstances.

It's just I've got this sense that the banker-backed Tory Government might well have alienated business altogether. Hence the hoarding. It's a mystery. What's the explanation?

I don't know what this means. I think... No, I just don't know. I think it means that you don't like something.

or your mother, and I'd appreciate you keeping mine out of it.

As you see fit to attack businesses for keeping capital reserves, which defends them against becoming illiquid and having to make other people's mothers redundant, I think it is an appropriate point. Your half-arsed student union sloganeering would :censored: up people's lives if taken seriously. If a company is struggling to turn any profit doing it's usual thing and has a flat orderbook, but has some reserves, they would be idiots not to sit tight. Where does, "hoarding," come from? It not your money you know

It's a long and boring journey from Manchester to London by coach. I think I did admirably under the circumstances.

I don't know what this means. I think... No, I just don't know. I think it means that you don't like something.

As you see fit to attack businesses for keeping capital reserves, which defends them against becoming illiquid and having to make other people's mothers redundant, I think it is an appropriate point. Your half-arsed student union sloganeering would :censored: up people's lives if taken seriously. If a company is struggling to turn any profit doing it's usual thing and has a flat orderbook, but has some reserves, they would be idiots not to sit tight. Where does, "hoarding," come from? It not your money you know

You've got me all wrong love. Companies hoarding cash and paying large dividends is more a sign of their lack of confidence in the Government.

So sensitive. The OECD is now saying there's a recession and a bleak outlook. Voodoonomics fails again! Who'd a thunk it!

You've got me all wrong love. Companies hoarding cash and paying large dividends is more a sign of their lack of confidence in the Government.

So sensitive. The OECD is now saying there's a recession and a bleak outlook. Voodoonomics fails again! Who'd a thunk it!

I'm not sensitive so much as tired, and sad that you weren't even listening in A-level economics. Companies can pay dividends if they like. It's their money. The people who earned it. Them. Not you. As in, the people who you are now asking to randomly risk their money because you think it's a good idea, they are the people who put their time and money into the businesses in the first place, and stood the risk, and you think it's now your place to tell them to throw their cash into a black hole and to hell with the future? When the Eurozone os about to go to :censored: and all else that will follow?

So yes, people will take THEIR money away when they can, and also keep their businesses cash rich rather than investing. I don't think anyone thinks that the immediate future is great. We are effectively paying back the decade of inflation that those lads you think are great gave us under the pretence that it was growth. It wasn't.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd share this.

He's a bit of a loon but has been right in every aspect of this debate for years. Sooner or later someone is going to admit that we aren't as rich as we thought we were 5 years ago. It would be lovely if Germany stumped up for the entire shortcomings, but I'm not sure they will be persuaded. If ever, "good money after bad," meant anything it is now.

Just thought I'd share this.

Every word spoken is true.

Burying their heads in the sand across the continent. Sooner or later the whole pile of steaming manure is going to stop at the Germans' door. I'm not sure they've realised it yet.

Farage is something of a sound bite politician and, as the Lib Dems have found, it's easier to be on the outside pointing out the failures than on the inside solving the problems. It is funny that he funds his party out of expense claims where he and other MEPs are allowed to claim first class air fares at up to £800 so he takes the money and hops on a prebooked Easy Jet flight at £40 a pop.

But the Euro itself was always a ridiculous concept. Without political union you cannot have a currency that will work effectively in the longer term. It was stated before it was launched and it becomes more and more obvious by the day.

He's a bit of a loon but has been right in every aspect of this debate for years. Sooner or later someone is going to admit that we aren't as rich as we thought we were 5 years ago. It would be lovely if Germany stumped up for the entire shortcomings, but I'm not sure they will be persuaded. If ever, "good money after bad," meant anything it is now.

It doesn't sound too good, not sure how anyone could spin it into something positive. I can only think its a matter of pride and fear that keeps the Eurozone further digging its own grave.