Festivals

Going to Kendal myself, done last couple. Favourite festival nowadays. Went to Isle of Wight when it first came back 2002 (Watched the England v Columbia? World cup game the day before.. Only a day though then, Charlatans and Robert Plant amongst others. Stayed in a cottage, the island itself's a nice part of the world.

Kendal wins hands down for me, due to price and location mainly.. Really nice area and top line up this year aswell

If I wasn't permanently skint at the moment I'd be doing Primavera Sound in Barcelona for the 5th time or so. Honestly the best festival experience I've had. Good, strong drinks at decent prices. Overlooks the Med. Bands and DJ's until 7am. Always worthy headliners. Right in the heart of Barca.

What's not to be in awe of?

Really want to go to Bestival as sigur ros are playing but the thought of all those other people being there and being stuck on the Isle of Wight for a few days just doesn't appeal anymore.

At Sonishere last year I found that staying in a 5 star hotel did a lot to mitigate the, "people," issue :queerim9: It's a tough call for Download as a lass I am trying to diddle is up for going if we tent it, but then I'm not sure I'd want to diddle someone after three days living in a swamp with them

At Sonishere last year I found that staying in a 5 star hotel did a lot to mitigate the, "people," issue :queerim9: It's a tough call for Download as a lass I am trying to diddle is up for going if we tent it, but then I'm not sure I'd want to diddle someone after three days living in a swamp with them

Puff

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Done leeds twice, V, Global gathering 3 times, creamfields, but glastonbury hammers any other festival Ive been to. What you see on the TV is a small part of it. There are plenty of people who just stay at the main stage which makes the pyramid not a great atmosphere (unless you go further back) - but it's the stuff that runs all night that you don't see on TV which makes it what it is.

Worst - Creamfields. Full of complete tools. Poorly organised.

Download and Bennicassim are next on my list

Edited by pukka

Done leeds twice, V, Global gathering 3 times, creamfields, but glastonbury hammers any other festival Ive been to. What you see on the TV is a small part of it. There are plenty of people who just stay at the main stage which makes the pyramid not a great atmosphere (unless you go further back) - but it's the stuff that runs all night that you don't see on TV which makes it what it is.

Worst - Creamfields. Full of complete tools. Poorly organised.

Download and Bennicassim are next on my list

Bennicassim is wicked.

The town of Bennicassim is decent and pretty cheap too. Plus you have the beach.

I would rent an apartment though, we camped, festival runs through the night finishing about 6 if you stay for the dancier acts. The sun and stifling heat wakes you up in your tent about 9.

The cold showers are just what you need in that heat though. Take your swimming shorts though as they are open and mixed and you don't want to have someone's eye out

I've done Benicassim the last 2 years. The line up this year is pretty grim which meant I went T in the Park. T is probably the best of the UK festivals i've been to, defo need to do Glastonbury.

When I went Benicassim first year we stayed at a town called Alcosebre which was miles away from the festival, absolute ballache to get back. We ended up paying this random bar owner to give us a lift back every night, until the police busted him. 2nd year we stayed at Castellon which is one bus ride away from Beni, decent town as well defo recommend there, the hotel we stayed in was cheap but fairly good. Taxi drivers are feckin useless over there!

Edited by Butter