Access to forums

stewrat

Has anyone been having trouble logging on to the site. "johnboy" has just rung me saying he appears to be blocked and so cannot even speak to mods about his problem.

Stewrat, there doesn't appear to be any issue with his account at our end. I would suggest clearing the cache in his browser, trying different browsers, try accessing from different places to try and establish where the problem lies.

Same happened to me the other day (post-move) - made a post in the downtime thread about it. Just had a 'you do not have permission...' error for a couple of hours. Didn't work on any browser either from work or at the hotel. Cache clearing etc made no difference.

To add to Steve's post, if you've registered and been validated, your account is in good standing, and the IP addy is not blocked there's no reason why anyone cannot reach this site. Outside of these possibilities, the problem always lies at the users end.

Ensure your browser, plug ins, and java platforms are all up to date.

Have to disagree rummy. I was logged on, on and off, for the best part of the workday yesterday. All worked fine apart from a couple of hours where I had the above error. Other sites, webmail etc worked fine in this period. Then tried again later on and it worked again - I hadn't done anything different.

Have to disagree rummy. I was logged on, on and off, for the best part of the workday yesterday. All worked fine apart from a couple of hours where I had the above error. Other sites, webmail etc worked fine in this period. Then tried again later on and it worked again - I hadn't done anything different.

Okay, well are you still having problems now? It seems to be very intermittent and localised. We're not noticing any problems.