New Recruit?

aidan_latics

Think you can find room for one more in your close knit community down there? Got a job starting the 6th June right next to Liverpool Street station (not quite sure what part of London that is). Don't know where I'll be living yet but it'll be somewhere close by (I best pull my finger out really and find somewhere). Any tips as well on where might be best to live working on a relatively small budget (ideally just a short-term contract to start with until I decide where I want to set up a more permanent base)? Any help would be much appreciated. What's the crack with you guys anyway, do you have folk going to every game home and away or just away days nearby?

Cheers

You can get into Liverpool Street from various bits of East London and Essex, you could also look at areas that take you into London Bridge which you can walk across in 10 minutes. I would use http://uk.easyroommate.com/?gclid=CJ3kl6Cs2q8CFQ0KtAodhTphCg this for somewhere to stop initially and http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/ for how your journey works out from places you are looking at.

There hasn't been much organisation in terms of regular home visits this season, but we have got to a lot of the southern ones and met up for televised games etc. We have had the odd summer meetup before for cricket or just drinking.

Aldgate, Mile End, Bethnel Green if you want to be near work. Not the classist areas, but no as bad as there reputation. London snobs slag them off, but they are still nicer areas than the majority of Oldham. Welcome on board.

Think you can find room for one more in your close knit community down there? Got a job starting the 6th June right next to Liverpool Street station (not quite sure what part of London that is). Don't know where I'll be living yet but it'll be somewhere close by (I best pull my finger out really and find somewhere). Any tips as well on where might be best to live working on a relatively small budget (ideally just a short-term contract to start with until I decide where I want to set up a more permanent base)? Any help would be much appreciated. What's the crack with you guys anyway, do you have folk going to every game home and away or just away days nearby?

Cheers

If you find yourself booking train tickets, please do it via PlayerShare WebShop. Especially the expensive ones.

The Virgin link below rebates 2% of the cost to PlayerShare funds, so supports Latics. Even if you're not travelling on a Virgin train.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin&order=alpha&page=A

Mile End's rank, don't listen to Slash.

Speaking of summer meet ups, shall we try and organise something and then do something completely different again? Bonus points for not informing people about our spur of the moment change of heart.

Mile End's rank, don't listen to Slash.

Speaking of summer meet ups, shall we try and organise something and then do something completely different again? Bonus points for not informing people about our spur of the moment change of heart.

Lancy play a Sunday game at Lords on 10th June - we could do that and tell The Baron we are going to Chester Zoo and will meet him by the penguin pool.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get into Liverpool Street from various bits of East London and Essex, you could also look at areas that take you into London Bridge which you can walk across in 10 minutes. I would use http://uk.easyroomma...CFQ0KtAodhTphCg this for somewhere to stop initially and http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/ for how your journey works out from places you are looking at.

There hasn't been much organisation in terms of regular home visits this season, but we have got to a lot of the southern ones and met up for televised games etc. We have had the odd summer meetup before for cricket or just drinking.

Aldgate, Mile End, Bethnel Green if you want to be near work. Not the classist areas, but no as bad as there reputation. London snobs slag them off, but they are still nicer areas than the majority of Oldham. Welcome on board.

If you find yourself booking train tickets, please do it via PlayerShare WebShop. Especially the expensive ones.

The Virgin link below rebates 2% of the cost to PlayerShare funds, so supports Latics. Even if you're not travelling on a Virgin train.

http://www.spendandr...er=alpha&page=A

Thanks for your help everyone. I used that easyroom website and secured myself some accommodation for 3 months. I'll find something more permanent while I'm down there. It's in North Woolwich which I gather isn't the most delightful of places, but I'm from Bacup and have been living in Salford for the last 3 years so I'm sure it will seem like paradise to me! I'll make sure I use the spend and raise website for any train tickets I book as well. I'll look forward to hearing on here about any games etc. what are being organised. Thanks again. Aidan

I think there is still a hardcore, unshakeable and unbreakable by women, work or any other factors, who will be rocking Lords. I'm also going there as my fake wife says I can now and don't have to go and listen to music in the Midlands. Tag along if you fancy.

• 5 weeks later...