Season Ticket Prices

Diego_Sideburns

Season Ticket Prices.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What would be a reasonable price increase for your season ticket?

• Nil
    • 1% - 4%
    • 5% - 7.5%
    • 7.6% - 10%
    • 11% - 14%

Now we're not going to Wembley, think how much money you don't have to find ready for your big day out. Looking on the bright side, you can put what you're not spending towards your new season ticket.

Bristol City have increased season ticket prices by an average of 30%. Who knows, Latics might have done the same if we'd been promoted. I'm sure we'd all like to pay less rather than more, but if the price is to be increased, what percentage do you think would be a reasonable increase?

With the additional TV Revenue, local Premier League teams are slashing season ticket prices by up to 25% next year.

I know we aren't part of that deal and so can't do it ourselves, but while I personally would be prepared to pay a bit more than this year, not many would. Consequently, TTA will need to be realistic and if necessary, cut the Salary Bill again to avoid a significant increase.

As Season Ticket holders, we get a good deal compared with pay on the day prices and the last few weeks have shown the other advantages too. Therefore, I could live with a small increase but fear it may back-fire.

Let's hope that 2007/ 2008 sees a big increase in Season Ticket Holders and maybe then, TTA will again back the manager with more funds.

a small increase...as long as shez is promised a nice wad to spend!

Thing is JP even a 10% increase with 3500 season ticket holders now paying say £400 each ain't going to generate a massive kitty for any transfers in todays market.At £400 a ticket 10% of is only an increase of £140,000 (If my :censored:ty maths is correct after several beers) wouldn't even buy you Jermaine Johnson.

Think any new players are going to have to come by culling wages and trawling around for free agents unless we get transfer fees for people or unless TTA out of the goodness of their ever deepening pockets (cheers chaps we really and i mean REALLY appreciate it) fund another run at glory.

Edit:Was going to change my signature after today but feck it,they never said how long our destiny would take to call. :wink:

Edited by inspectormorose

Thing is JP even a 10% increase with 3500 season ticket holders now paying say £400 each ain't going to generate a massive kitty for any transfers in todays market.At £400 a ticket 10% of is only an increase of £140,000 (If my :censored:ty maths is correct after several beers) wouldn't even buy you Jermaine Johnson.

Think any new players are going to have to come by culling wages and trawling around for free agents unless we get transfer fees for people or unless TTA out of the goodness of their ever deepening pockets (cheers chaps we really and i mean REALLY appreciate it) fund another run at glory.

Edit:Was going to change my signature after today but feck it,they never said how long our destiny would take to call. :wink:

in a nut shell..are we going to pay transfer fees for players or get frees/unattached players...

im guessing at the answer.

I'll pay a small increase...

Just to add to what I_C was posting, I did have to double take when I discovered Wigoon had slashed their ticket prices to £13, and Season Tickets were down to around £210. So I take it this is across the board in the Prem? Smart move....

Guest oa_exile

Realistically i would go a cost of living ticket increase approx 3%.

Season ticket sales should show an increase on last year to help with the summer months of no income and give TTA the budget requirements for 2007/08.

Still say Transfer funds are dependent on Mr Richards sell on and ..........the Porter sale ? , Eardley sale ?

It will be another end of season of comings and goings BUT it will be Shez's first time to put his own squad together.

I'll pay a small increase...

Just to add to what I_C was posting, I did have to double take when I discovered Wigoon had slashed their ticket prices to £13, and Season Tickets were down to around £210. So I take it this is across the board in the Prem? Smart move....

Actually this isn't such a smart move on second thoughts.

Won't the lower league teams be outpriced on matchday?

Who's going to watch our boys for £20 (for arguments sake) when they can watch Wigoon (for instance) for £13?

I must be missing something...

Ok, 2006/07 price was £300 for most areas, works out as £13.04 per game. On the day was £20/£18 in advance.

If STs went up to £320 that's be an average of less than £14 a game, which would hold up against frozen match day/in advance prices. imho.

Wouldn't provide much funds though: 3000 x £20 = £60,000. Not even 1 good players wages.

in a nut shell..are we going to pay transfer fees for players or get frees/unattached players...

im guessing at the answer.

We are losing money hand over fist with our crowds,what do you expect them to do spend half a mill on someone with the wages that come with it.Not happening.It's down to Shez to cull what he feels is necessary and find better elsewhere within his budget and make it work,which is the poisoned chalice of being a manager.

Sure we could all do it on a video game :grin:

Actually this isn't such a smart move on second thoughts.

Won't the lower league teams be outpriced on matchday?

Who's going to watch our boys for £20 (for arguments sake) when they can watch Wigoon (for instance) for £13?

I must be missing something...

I think that's the point Rummy and it is going to make it incredibly difficult for the lower League Clubs. I think that Utd are the only local Premiership Team who are increasing the price of tickets but let's face it, the Red Sox won't affect us.

The fact though that "floaters" or casuals can go and watch The Plastic Latics; Bolton; Blackburn and Citeh for around 25% less next year will make it nigh on impossible to get extra through the Boundary Park gates. To think it would be more expensive to watch Oldham v Orient than Bolton v Man Utd is a joke. Only loyal fans would choose to visit Boundary Park given the choice.

And if they can't be bothered to get off their backsides, then there are nearly 150 live televised Premier League games on TV next Season. Plus The Football League matches; FA Cup; League Cup; European Games etc etc.

There is talk of the Premier League "giving" the League Clubs some money out of their TV deal. £100m was the sum I heard but no doubt this will be over several years - and of course, the lion's share will go to The Championship Clubs. Many of whom don't really need the help that Division 1 and 2 sides desperately require.

The playing field is soon to get significantly more uneven.

I think that's the point Rummy and it is going to make it incredibly difficult for the lower League Clubs. I think that Utd are the only local Premiership Team who are increasing the price of tickets but let's face it, the Red Sox won't affect us.

The fact though that "floaters" or casuals can go and watch The Plastic Latics; Bolton; Blackburn and Citeh for around 25% less next year will make it nigh on impossible to get extra through the Boundary Park gates. To think it would be more expensive to watch Oldham v Orient than Bolton v Man Utd is a joke. Only loyal fans would choose to visit Boundary Park given the choice.

And if they can't be bothered to get off their backsides, then there are nearly 150 live televised Premier League games on TV next Season. Plus The Football League matches; FA Cup; League Cup; European Games etc etc.

There is talk of the Premier League "giving" the League Clubs some money out of their TV deal. £100m was the sum I heard but no doubt this will be over several years - and of course, the lion's share will go to The Championship Clubs. Many of whom don't really need the help that Division 1 and 2 sides desperately require.

The playing field is soon to get significantly more uneven.

i don't think what the local prem teams do regarding reducing their match tickets is going to affect our attendances to be honest.if the public of oldham can't be bothered to get on a bus and go to bp i don't think theres any chance of them getting on a train and going to wigan,blackburn,and bolton. and lets face it we play more attractive footy than city.

i don't think what the local prem teams do regarding reducing their match tickets is going to affect our attendances to be honest.if the public of oldham can't be bothered to get on a bus and go to bp i don't think theres any chance of them getting on a train and going to wigan,blackburn,and bolton. and lets face it we play more attractive footy than city.

We have probably reached our low point as far as Season Ticket Holders are concerned and because of how Shez has got the team playing football, I'd hope we would sell more this time around. We have got down to the real diehards.

My point was more about getting back those that deserted us following the Admin period, the Talbot under-achievement years and then the Ronnie Hoofball era. Given the choice, I would reckon those who are not committed totally to Latics will see a Season Ticket at The Reebok or JJB as not only cheaper than one at BP, but also better value in terms of what is on the pitch. Let's face it, that is a fact. There is also comfort; facilities; what your children would prefer etc to take into account.

Most people drive these days and with our Motorway Network, it is almost as easy to get to these Premiership grounds as it is BP. I think there are 7 higher flight football grounds within 20 miles of Boundary park.

When Bolton moved to The Reebok, I know for a fact that several Latics "fans" transferred their allegiances to The Trotters. The fact that we couldn't even sell our home allocation for a vital match last weekend shows that there are relatively few "floaters" out there.

We have probably reached our low point as far as Season Ticket Holders are concerned and because of how Shez has got the team playing football, I'd hope we would sell more this time around. We have got down to the real diehards.

My point was more about getting back those that deserted us following the Admin period, the Talbot under-achievement years and then the Ronnie Hoofball era. Given the choice, I would reckon those who are not committed totally to Latics will see a Season Ticket at The Reebok or JJB as not only cheaper than one at BP, but also better value in terms of what is on the pitch. Let's face it, that is a fact. There is also comfort; facilities; what your children would prefer etc to take into account.

Most people drive these days and with our Motorway Network, it is almost as easy to get to these Premiership grounds as it is BP. I think there are 7 higher flight football grounds within 20 miles of Boundary park.

When Bolton moved to The Reebok, I know for a fact that several Latics "fans" transferred their allegiances to The Trotters. The fact that we couldn't even sell our home allocation for a vital match last weekend shows that there are relatively few "floaters" out there.

could'nt have been proper latics fans imo if they can sell out on us just cos someones got a better stadium. i'm going to get a season ticket next season for the first time in years.on the floaters issue,you might get a few coming to the odd game if it's a cup game against a decent prem side or lets say a top of the table clash,but if they have'nt got Oldham Athletic in their hearts then we've no chance of converting them.ktf.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't season tickets go up by about 30% for this season? If so I can't see TTA getting away with it again this time; the only chance would have been if we had gone up. Having said all that, I think a rise of 1 - 4% could be justified as it would be in line with inflation.

I personally would like to see more season ticket holders at a lower cost than fewer season ticket holders at a higher cost. I'm not sure what the financial impact is but it makes for a better atmosphere at more games because we would have fewer floating supporters and more regulars.

Guest sheridans_world
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't season tickets go up by about 30% for this season? If so I can't see TTA getting away with it again this time; the only chance would have been if we had gone up. Having said all that, I think a rise of 1 - 4% could be justified as it would be in line with inflation.

I personally would like to see more season ticket holders at a lower cost than fewer season ticket holders at a higher cost. I'm not sure what the financial impact is but it makes for a better atmosphere at more games because we would have fewer floating supporters and more regulars.

You're wrong. It was 5%.

Guest sheridans_world
IIRC, they were actually cheaper for the Season just gone than the previous year if you bought before the deadline. Definitely not a significant increase anyway as S_W says.

I thought they had gone up slightly, definatley not as much as 30% thought. I was using full-price amounts, rather than early bird discounts...

Edited by sheridans_world

i'm going to get a season ticket next season for the first time in years.

Ditto! The kind of football that Shez had us playing last season has made my mind up. Anyone know when the pricing is going to be released?

I agree with the lower costs, but would say aim it at the younger generation. Make it as cheap as chips for under 18's, that way we can (hopefully) build up a support over the years, and we can't be losing too much cash with this ploy.