yep - i'd have him back.........without thinking about it....whats gone on is all in the past....if he said he wanted to play 12 months here, i'd be more than happy

Corney won't touch him with a barge pole even if he was guaranteed to score 40 goals a season, after the way he was treated by Porter and his agent (who is more likely to be the one to blame).

Its a similar debate to the lee hughes one. the guy is a prick. everyone knows he is a prick. but he is a good footballer. do you go with the fact you know he will score you goals, or do your morals come first?

If football clubs never employed pricks there would be very little football. I'm afraid I've very few morals when it comes to us employing them, if they're good at their job they'll do. I don't have to like them as people I have to like them as footballers.

If football clubs never employed pricks there would be very little football. I'm afraid I've very few morals when it comes to us employing them, if they're good at their job they'll do. I don't have to like them as people I have to like them as footballers.

would have porter back in a flash.

Its a similar debate to the lee hughes one. the guy is a prick. everyone knows he is a prick. but he is a good footballer. do you go with the fact you know he will score you goals, or do your morals come first?

One stitched us up a bit.

One caused death by dangerous driving.

Not really on the same moral scale.

I'd take Porter back - he only did what every footballer's agent in the world encourages. Wouldn't touch Hughes with a barge-pole....

It is a similar debate. Not taking into account the reasons, but both would cause controversy in signing them, and there would probably be 10 pages worth of debate if we were to sign either one. obviously causing a death doesnt compare to doing the dirty on us, but its the fact signing either one would split opinion.

personally im of the opinion that if they improve the team, and dont bankrupt us in the process id sign them. doesnt mean i would walk round wearing their name on the back of my shirt, but i would cheer when they score.

I'd have Porter over Hughes all day long. Just.

Thanks for the goals, Lee, but your antics off the pitch bring you and the club into disrepute. Plus, you're getting on a bit now and not quite the potent force you once were. No, you didn't crap on us, but there is always the risk you would damage the club in other ways.

Porter? A total arse the way he and his agent (probably more so the agent) screwed us and (apparently) reneged on an agreement to sign another contract. But since he left Motherwell, he hasn't been what you might call prolific. I'll stand to be corrected, but he's scored something in the region of 15 goals in about 80 appearances for Derby and Sheff Utd. That's something like a goal every five and a half games.

So, for debating purposes, Porter over Hughes, but would he be a 15 to 20 goal a season striker? The jury's out for me.