Help needed to identify the kit of another club

oafc_ok

I have bought some football badges today with the intention of listing them on ebay. There is one which I would like some help pinning down to a club.

It is in the shape of a football kit, red shirts and shorts, sponsors name is AXA Homesearch. Kit manufacturer is ICIS. I don't know the age of the badge or even whether it's a home or away kit.

If anyone can tell me which club wore this kit it will be a great help as I can't flog it on ebay otherwise!

Thanks

You tried this website... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/

You'll have to search through them but there's a good chance it's on there.

Thanks for the suggestion - I have tried that site - It's come up with the goods more than once in the past. Seeing as it's not on there I think it must be non-league or an away kit - unless anyone knows different.

Thanks for the suggestion - I have tried that site - It's come up with the goods more than once in the past. Seeing as it's not on there I think it must be non-league or an away kit - unless anyone knows different.

One of the less well-known away kits is Norwich since they rarely have a colour clash. They played in All Red a few seasons ago but not sure who their Sponsors were.

One of the less well-known away kits is Norwich since they rarely have a colour clash. They played in All Red a few seasons ago but not sure who their Sponsors were.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I've now got a photo of the badge (attached)

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
It looks like Workington AFC's kit from a couple of years ago but I'm not sure about the Sponsorship. It might be worth submitting the question to one of their forums.

Thanks a lot - I'll look into it

Thanks very much outoftheblue. It's a day short of two months since my original post but we've got it! I can finally sleep at night!

It's Workington, from around 1998-2000. :D

I can finally put it on t'ebay!

Thanks everyone else who took the time to make suggestions.

Guest oa_exile
Thanks very much outoftheblue. It's a day short of two months since my original post but we've got it! I can finally sleep at night!

All for 50p profit :grin:

oafc_ok , please could you post a link for your t'ebay listing's as maybe their is summatt i may want to buy ^_^

Nothing listed at present. Last Summer a lot of my football badges struggled to sell so I thought I'd knock t'ebay on the head until the build-up to Christmas. I do have a few Latics badges which I am selling. Anyone interested can PM me and I'll email photos. Either that or collar me at a match. I've generally got the badges with me.

Happy to help. I was sat in a boozer in Bowness a while back, and a young 7 or 8 year old lad was wearing a very similar kit. I was straining my eyes to read the badge from about 20 feet away and must have appeared to be staring at the kid.

Suddenly the lad's 6ft 3" dad stood up and came striding over to me whereupon I fully expected to either wake up later in the day, or at least fend off allegations of having an unhealthy interest in minors. The guy just said "Its Workington mate, our Brett loves the attention when he wears the kit as nobody ever recognises it!" and spent the next 20 minutes talking footie with me.

I could have put it down to being a football expert, but the reason I knew the kit was just coincidence I'm afraid. :blush: