May as well start!

Opening game was not the damp squib many thought (from the bits I saw/listened to)...watching the Russia-Czech game at the moment and the commentators and pundits were creaming themselves over the Russians first half but the Czechs didn't seem to turn up. They've got a goal back now though so all to play for.

Would expect Group A to be the weakest of the lot.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we've seen the winner yet.

The Greeks were dire in the first-half, but probably took motivation from some appalling refereeing decisions against them. Think the sending off worked in their favour - couldn't see them getting anything until their player walked....

Might have a cheeky fiver on Portugal. Got a tough-looking group, but reckon them and Holland will qualify - the Germans haven't been that great in the run up to the tournament, apparently.

Germany at 3/1, Ozil top scorer at 66/1 and Ireland to finish 2nd in their group at 9/2.

Lad i work with's bet on Pavlyuchenko as top scorer at long odds (can't remember what exactly but i think it was about 80/1), not looking a bad shout after last night.

I still have this itching feeling with Denmark.

Not enough to gamble on them yet.

Alright, sod it. 100/1, they're top 10 in the World. £5, I've done it.

Bloody tough group.

Though I did enjoy Alan Hansen's prediction the other day that Germany, Netherlands and Portugal would all make the semi finals.

Bloody tough group.

Though I did enjoy Alan Hansen's prediction the other day that Germany, Netherlands and Portugal would all make the semi finals.

Lawro predicted Liverpool to win.

Is Hodsgon Jewish by the way? Just spotted a picture of him wearing a skullcap whilst placing a memorial at Auschwitz.

Lawro predicted Liverpool to win.

Is Hodsgon Jewish by the way? Just spotted a picture of him wearing a skullcap whilst placing a memorial at Auschwitz.

I saw that but think it was just part of a ceremonial thing done as a mark of respect. He was with Bernstein and he is.

Didn't see Joe Colbeck there.

I saw that but think it was just part of a ceremonial thing done as a mark of respect. He was with Bernstein and he is.

Didn't see Joe Colbeck there.

I believe Colbeck shape-shifted into the form of Stuart Downing.

I only just found out that Hodgson is a Croydon boy, no wonder Zorrro became a Fulham fan for a while a few years ago.

Lawrenson's a :censored:ing tool. Manages a dig at Podolski for playing for Germany rather than the country of his birth.

That's Lancashire-born former Irish international Mark Lawrenson.

Idiot.

That's a very fair spot.

I only just found out that Hodgson is a Croydon boy, no wonder Zorrro became a Fulham fan for a while a few years ago.

Well, when you've graced the hallowed turf at Craven Cottage it's hard not to be, Woy or no Woy.

france are :censored:e

Good article on France's weaknesses/problems in FourFourTwo. Points out that their midfield isn't that great,how Blanc doesn't get on with the FFF chairman and describes how Blanc didn't watch the 4-4 draw between Lyon and PSG in February, despite the fact that 9 French internationals were playing, and when he was asked why not, he replied "I don't have that channel at home."

I'd say you've lost that bet going off today's game. Harry called it right.

You are probably right - but spain did lose their first game of the last world cup (I live in hope!)