Come in number 14.

R.O.A.M

Warney  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Was it right that he was released?

• Yes, not enough end product.
    • Don't care. I trust Shez
    • No, should of kept him.

i think edwards' performances this season especially before getting injured and the fact that he has pace something we desperately lack have got him the new contract, not just his performance in the last game of the season!A lot of people in my view have given Edwards unwarranted stick i thought he was playing v well before he got injured early on in the season and then never got a chance to win his place back properly.

Totally agree!

i think edwards' performances this season especially before getting injured and the fact that he has pace something we desperately lack have got him the new contract, not just his performance in the last game of the season!A lot of people in my view have given Edwards unwarranted stick i thought he was playing v well before he got injured early on in the season and then never got a chance to win his place back properly.

Aye I agree forgot about the beginning of the season, I remember him playing very well at Forest where I believe he picked up that injury?

His performance at Crewe was also good, despite being thrown into the first team with a lack of match fitness.

Edwards stood out by some distance for me at Blackpool. Warney has put in enough effort for two men, but if we are going to get up there next season we desperately need a finisher. I hope Wolfy can get a decent run out this time and Shez can pick up a bargain somewhere-the jury remains out on Glombard for me; a bit more effort (in the mould of Warne) allied with a more clinical finish might convince me...

For me the Jury has been out and returned with a verdict on Glombard.

Not good enough, I wouldn't want him to be offered a deal as I dont think he showed us enough during his stay here.

As soon as he got the ball his head went down, and I'm not sure he knew what he was trying to do.

Edited by Hometownclub

TBH the whole thing stinks.

He was given the word of Shez and the 3 amigo's that he would be staying. He was given offers by a few other clubs but he turned them down as he wanted to stay with us. Then they told him yesterday that he was going.

To say the guy is devestated is an understatement.

I asked him what is he going to do now. He just said he's going back down to Norfolk for his phone to ring.

I really feel sorry for the guy, you could never wish to meet a nicer bloke.

TBH the whole thing stinks.

He was given the word of Shez and the 3 amigo's that he would be staying. He was given offers by a few other clubs but he turned them down as he wanted to stay with us. Then they told him yesterday that he was going.

To say the guy is devestated is an understatement.

I asked him what is he going to do now. He just said he's going back down to Norfolk for his phone to ring.

I really feel sorry for the guy, you could never wish to meet a nicer bloke.

This Simon Charlton ...?

I know PW isn't too happy

pwha7.jpg

© Sean Hansford

Guest sheridans_world

To be fair to TTA and Shez. Charlton was paid off. It's not as if he has just been left without any money at all...

He is a class player, he will have no trouble getting a contract at another club.

Guest sheridans_world
No, i dont know what happened with Charlton.

Im talking about Warney.

Warney was out of contract, a club can express interest in keeping him but said player should not expect they can walk straight into a new contract...

Edited by sheridans_world

Thought PW lived in Rotherham ??

Didnt think TTA would offer something and take it away at the last moment, esp to a PLayer of the Year.. maybe both parties had a change of heart ?

Guest sheridans_world
Thought PW lived in Rotherham ??

Didnt think TTA would offer something and take it away at the last moment, esp to a PLayer of the Year.. maybe both parties had a change of heart ?

Sheffield i think. Rocky said he travelled in with him. Doesnt matter, fact is he wasnt offered a contract. Things are talked about and things change, until pen hits paper it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Look at Paul Heffernan. Driving up to BP to sign a contract, Doncaster offered his agent £5k more and he diverts to there and signs for them.

Warney's been a cut above this year for effort alone, and if wasn't for his (reported) high wages I think he'd be first on Shez' list. But you can't have a forward on over £3k if they're not getting you goals.

If he'd have been happy with a pay cut I'd have retained him, as it is I think its the right decision. He'll got to the Trannies on another grand a year and do very well for himself.

Thanks-be to Warney, if every player had put his effort in this year then we'd have been promoted with ease.

He has a house in Rotherham, but he also has one in Norfolk where he is originally from, plus his mum and dad live down there.

Im not disputing that nobody should expect to walk straight into a contract, but when you have been told to your face that you have the manager and owners word that you will be here next year you expect them to stick to their word dont you?

It certainly wasnt a change of heart by Warney, and if you saw how upset he was at being dropped you would know that is not the case.

Guest sheridans_world
He has a house in Rotherham, but he also has one in Norfolk where he is originally from, plus his mum and dad live down there.

Im not disputing that nobody should expect to walk straight into a contract, but when you have been told to your face that you have the manager and owners word that you will be here next year you expect them to stick to their word dont you?

It certainly wasnt a change of heart by Warney, and if you saw how upset he was at being dropped you would know that is not the case.

Everyone saw that Warney was on his way out. He was the first name at the top of most lists on here. Not because he is rubbish, because of the type of player he is. He may be devistated but this is a business. He may have asked a direct question, they answer thinking 'we could win the playoff's we need him to be motivated'. As harsh as it sounds things like that need to be done to suceed.

Warney himself said that he wasnt a Sheridan player, therefore he knew he was unlikley to be kept.

Thanks-be to Warney, if every player had put his effort in this year then we'd have been promoted with ease.

Not so sure about that Ackey. Admittedly his effort was top notch, but the time old discussion of having 11Paul Warnes/Tony Carss etc in your side comes up. Without quality in your side balanced with the PW's of this world, promotion wouldn't be acheived IMO.

Not so sure about that Ackey. Admittedly his effort was top notch, but the time old discussion of having 11Paul Warnes/Tony Carss etc in your side comes up. Without quality in your side balanced with the PW's of this world, promotion wouldn't be acheived IMO.

Achieve By Unity Yeovil say. That got them all the way to the Playoff final. :o

It wouldn't have to be that. We wouldn't need a team of triers. If they'd all tried as hard as he did, we'd have gone up. If they'd all put in the extra 10%, we'd have gone up.

Remember when we had Garnett? He tried his very best at all times. He knew he was limited but it didn't stop him giving 100% of what he had. We had more talented players than him too. Thing is they thought they could drift on like certain players did this season.

Achieve By Unity Yeovil say. That got them all the way to the Playoff final.

Will you shut up about Yeovil as well :grin:

Next time we go, I think we'll just dump you there!

Will you shut up about Yeovil as well :grin:

Next time we go, I think we'll just dump you there!

Surely though that will be a while, they are clearly beating the Lashers this weekend & will certain relegation next season we will pass light ships in the night as they drift back towards non league.

Come on the mighty GREEN machine this weekend! :grin: