Bruce Springsteen

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's crazy. Some selfish singer potentially ruining a venue for musical events due to his own selfish egotistical opinion of himself.

65000 people trying to get the last Tube and piling over the roads, recipe for disaster.

For once I agree with the so-called Mayor. You're not locked in the venue - you're free to :censored: off and get the tube whenever you want. Park Lane was closed from about 10.15 anyway. It's not as if the Tube is the only way home anyway.

-

True, there are lots of buses you can get from Park Lane.

Oh.

It's a large volume of people leaving at about the same time (and most would stay till the end) hitting a couple of stations when the network would be heaving already with people leaving the West End. A couple of minutes might not make a huge difference but they might have gone on for another hour of encores for all the organisers knew, there has to be a line somewhere. Also, you have to consider that they will have been planning to reopen the road at some point.

True, there are lots of buses you can get from Park Lane.

Oh.

It's a large volume of people leaving at about the same time (and most would stay till the end) hitting a couple of stations when the network would be heaving already with people leaving the West End. A couple of minutes might not make a huge difference but they might have gone on for another hour of encores for all the organisers knew, there has to be a line somewhere. Also, you have to consider that they will have been planning to reopen the road at some point.

It really wasn't an issue, does it make a massive difference if the gig finished at 10.20, 10.30 0r 10.40 and should it be a massive surprise to the organisers to know that Bruce NEVER finishes on time and allow a contingency plan such as start him at 6.30 .......for some strange reason, Hyde Park Corner station was closed and the police told people to walk to Knightsbridge.......it wasted all of 10 mins. of my life.

Hellfire ........I'm onside with Mr. THill here.

It really wasn't an issue, does it make a massive difference if the gig finished at 10.20, 10.30 0r 10.40 and should it be a massive surprise to the organisers to know that Bruce NEVER finishes on time and allow a contingency plan such as start him at 6.30 .......for some strange reason, Hyde Park Corner station was closed and the police told people to walk to Knightsbridge.......it wasted all of 10 mins. of my life.

Hellfire ........I'm onside with Mr. THill here.

Then what time do you think they should have picked to switch an act off after they overrun? Thereby giving a green light to the next lot to use that as the benchmark. You can't imagine how much all of the authorities are :censored:ting bricks over anything going tits up in the run up to the Olympics, 10.30 leaves room for things to go wrong (tube line down for example) and still give people a fair chance of getting home.

Then what time do you think they should have picked to switch an act off after they overrun? Thereby giving a green light to the next lot to use that as the benchmark. You can't imagine how much all of the authorities are :censored:ting bricks over anything going tits up in the run up to the Olympics, 10.30 leaves room for things to go wrong (tube line down for example) and still give people a fair chance of getting home.

Hang on, Springsteen regularly does a gig between 3.20 and 3.40 long, not exactly unknown territory.......is it beyond the wit of the organisers and the authorities to accomodate the expected concert length into the great scheme at planning stage?

Hang on, Springsteen regularly does a gig between 3.20 and 3.40 long, not exactly unknown territory.......is it beyond the wit of the organisers and the authorities to accomodate the expected concert length into the great scheme at planning stage?

So they could have started 15 minutes earlier, and he might have tried to play on for half an hour extra. I just don't see what they are crying about, it's an open air concert in the middle of a city, they were allowed to do it so long as they stopped at a certain time.

And McCartney is a prick. Not especially relevant, but I wanted to say it anyway.

And McCartney is a prick. Not especially relevant, but I wanted to say it anyway.

Now, that I wholeheartedly agree with.........he is most definately not relevant today but he is still a legend and deserves his place in modern musical history and walk on parts.

Now, that I wholeheartedly agree with.........he is most definately not relevant today but he is still a legend and deserves his place in modern musical history and walk on parts.

Funnily enough I disagree.

He might not be the most "current" but if you read is lyrics, he could not be more relevant, even the things he wrote about 20+ years ago

History has a tendency to repeat itself or go full circle.

Agree with the legend bit!!!!

clip_springsteen_missing.gif

:grin:

Edited by singe

Since when was rock n roll about "a fair chance of getting home"? Kinnell.

-

This.

The man is exceptional and if London can't cope with a concert over-running by 20 minutes or so why the hell has some dick awarded them the Olympics?

And this.

But this is crazy! Mayfair and Knightsbridge are hardly high population density areas.

But they are filthy rich, and therefore their feelings are more important. It's all part of the great Banker's conspiracy.

Actually, I think it really is concern for everyone getting away on time and safely.

You can picture it now.

East London. It's a bit rough. The timetable has been pushed back half an hour and the 100 metres final is about to start.

Bang.

The starting pistol goes.

Click.

Some tosser turns off the lights.

"Time for bed" said Zebedee.

Not many men have an electronic timestamp of the moment they entered middle age!

True dat. No one was more surprised than me. I was expecting to stand in the pissing rain for five hours listening to songs I mostly didn't much like. Bruce got me, big time.

Most importantly, did he play the electrified version of The Ghost of Tom Joad with the Rage Against The Machine blokey on geetar?

That is :censored: hot!

He did. It was brilliant. Born to Run was my favourite, closely followed by Because the Night. Awesome.