2 signings imminent

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov knows where Simmo plays best and is now able to sign players to fit into that style of play. Except in a dire emergency I don't want to see him playing as a winger at any point this season!

Welcome back, Simmo.

Now let's play him were he belongs, upfront or as a support striker!

+1 - Robbie agrees too:

Simpson hopes to play just behind the front man in a 4-4-1-1 system saying he believes that is where he is most effective.

He said: "I believed my best role is the No 10 and I know the manager sees that as my best position.

Right. Same set-up as last season then. PD seems a pretty stand-up bloke, and i would doubt very much if he has held discussions with RS and told him he will be played as a number 10, he would then go against that?

So: central midfield first choice of Furman & Wes. Simpson ahead of them........and as things stand at present; either Matt Smith or Dan Taylor as the lone striker. We could also "cover" right & left midfield with Winchester & Mellor; but i assume (& hope) PD is looking at other options for those positions also....