Chloe Smith on Newsnight

Matt

DID enjoy this. I preferred her earlier crash on Channel 4 News. After every answer, she does a little false smile that says, "I'm on TV and I don't know why."

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid601325122001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_Vh4qBcIZDrvZlvNCU8nxccG&bctid=1708138161001

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

"You don't know your doing."

There's a bit of me that thinks someone has set her up. It's like some Malcom Tucker person behind the scenes has said tell them this this and this but don't tell them when you found out or which departments. If you do tell them I'll find you skin you and wear your skin as a suit to your Mothers birthday party whilst humming Bohemian Rhapsody. The same Malcom Tuckeresq person had then told someone at Newsnight/C4 to ask her when she was told and which departments this underspend is coming from.

Getting an English Literature degree and working as a management consultant for Deloitte doesn't seem like a natural background for a Tresury Minister. I would guess she might not be one of those for much longer.

It will come from underspending????? more like the government are borrowing more and more deepening the debt. :omg:

Did you hear the Governor of The Bank of England? That doesn't make good listening at all; not for businesses, not for the City, not for the Government, and certainly not for us lot.

It's just a terrible :censored:up of presentation, but no surprise. How can you allow cutting one of the most bitterly opposed taxes not to come through as a good news story? It wouldn't happen if that nodding :censored: Balls or the corrupt international deal-maker Mandleson were in charge of PR. Incompetence in managing the presentation and the connections through government.

"Government passes £X billions of efficiency savings through to motorists."

That would be better.It would still get :censored: from people who don't realise that NHS, schools, councils and so on blow a load of their budget at the end of the year on any old :censored: because they don't want to lose it next year, but what can you do?

Guest Scratch2000uk

Did you hear the Governor of The Bank of England? That doesn't make good listening at all; not for businesses, not for the City, not for the Government, and certainly not for us lot.

Seeing as Mervin is supposed to be in the know about these things but, seemingly has no clue as to where we are, regarding the financial crisis. It is quite worrying indeed,

It's more than a possibility he knows far more about it, than he's letting on.

I think he's also right indicating that we aint seen the half of it yet. :omg:

Seeing as Mervin is supposed to be in the know about these things but, seemingly has no clue as to where we are, regarding the financial crisis. It is quite worrying indeed,

It's more than a possibility he knows far more about it, than he's letting on.

I think he's also right indicating that we aint seen the half of it yet. :omg:

It's just that. He has being giving the quiet word about where the UK banks do and don't want to be exposed to. Our's are apparently mostly clear of Greece at least, have written most of the value down already, so they won't be first in line to go under when Greece goes POP!

I do also think he underestimates his role during the ridiculous inflation that happened under his watch, although the government of the time bear the ultimate blame.

It's just a terrible :censored:up of presentation, but no surprise. How can you allow cutting one of the most bitterly opposed taxes not to come through as a good news story? It wouldn't happen if that nodding :censored: Balls or the corrupt international deal-maker Mandleson were in charge of PR. Incompetence in managing the presentation and the connections through government.

"Government passes £X billions of efficiency savings through to motorists."

That would be better.It would still get :censored: from people who don't realise that NHS, schools, councils and so on blow a load of their budget at the end of the year on any old :censored: because they don't want to lose it next year, but what can you do?

Or

Totally shambolic and inept government pull unfunded tax cut out of their arse to try and make themselves less unpopular after a series of incidents have shown them to be totally incompetent.

And still manage to :censored: it up.

LATEST:Gross domestic product shrank by 0.3% between January and March, official UK figures confirm.

The recession just got deeper: GDP in Q4 2011 declined by a larger than previously estimated 0.4%. Then shrank by 0.3% in Q1 2012.

Boo! Nasty Labour, Boo! Treble dip recession anyone?

Or

Totally shambolic and inept government pull unfunded tax cut out of their arse to try and make themselves less unpopular after a series of incidents have shown them to be totally incompetent.

And still manage to :censored: it up.

I do agree to a fair extent. The things they have got the terrible coverage over - pasty tax, caravan tax, granny tax, this - are small fry in the big scheme of things and could have easily been avoided or managed. Regarding the lack of economic growth however, you may have noticed that everyone on the continent of Europe is eyeing their neighbour's arms up as a potential meal. By and large they are still showing growth because they have yet to admit that they are living on magic beans and acting appropriately.

Maybe they never actually intended putting 3p on fuel... Maybe it was just a clever ruse fabricated to make everyone think they're damn good eggs when they "change their minds for the good of the people". Don't think they were expecting labour to jump on it and twist it into ineptitude though!

Maybe they never actually intended putting 3p on fuel... Maybe it was just a clever ruse fabricated to make everyone think they're damn good eggs when they "change their minds for the good of the people". Don't think they were expecting labour to jump on it and twist it into ineptitude though!

The rise was Labour's - it was part of the future tax and spend plans which Ozzy inherited. With any sensible news management it should have been a piece of piss to use it as a stick to beat Balls with instead of turning it into a disaster.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Why can't Cameron come out with the same terminology regarding the Barclays bank LIBOR rate fixing "scandal" (conspiracy to defraud ) as he did with the looters.?

"And to the lawless minority, the criminals who’ve taken what they can get, I say this: We will track you down, we will find you, we will charge you, we will punish you. You will pay for what you have done."

I see the Diamond geezer has been pushed out of his job today, by old Mervyn. I wonder if he'll be revealing the source of the scam, at the select committee hearing on Wednesday.

Why can't Cameron come out with the same terminology regarding the Barclays bank LIBOR rate fixing "scandal" (conspiracy to defraud ) as he did with the looters.?

"And to the lawless minority, the criminals who’ve taken what they can get, I say this: We will track you down, we will find you, we will charge you, we will punish you. You will pay for what you have done."

I see the Diamond geezer has been pushed out of his job today, by old Mervyn. I wonder if he'll be revealing the source of the scam, at the select committee hearing on Wednesday.

I think the simple answer is because he's a massive :censored:ing :censored:?

Guest Scratch2000uk

Anyone see Ed Balls on C4 news last night? Jesus.

He sounded a bit worried didn't he?.. from what i have read, this LIBOR rate fixing comes from the top down, Gordon Brown , BoE and that both Cameron and Clegg had some idea of what was going on, the trouble is though, politicians change laws on behalf of the banks, so that anything that could be constured as illegal is in fact made legal, for the banks anyway.

I think the simple answer is because he's a massive :censored:ing :censored:?

That goes some way to explaining it.

Edited by Scratch2000uk