Science, bitches!

Ackey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Degree in Sociology and Social Policy, anyone got a load of numbers they want typing into a computer until the end of time?

(Science Bitches would be a great name for a band btw. Or maybe Brian Cox's next series on BBC4.)

3 A levels, 8 O levels. A CSE and a CeMAP qualification.

Dad walked out on Mum the day I got my A level results. Refused to let me take up a university place. As such, I need my bumps feeling!

Edited by opinions4u

3 A levels, 8 O levels. A CSE and a CeMAP qualification.

Dad walked out on Mum the day I got my A level results. Refused to let me take up a university place. As such, I need my bumps feeling!

Bloody hell. Who's gonna play you in the Ken Loach film?

• 1 month later...

What Rummy said.... if you want to ask a more specific question I can try and find you an answer (I'm far from an expert myself).

Let me have a go.

An underwater volcano spews out the same stuff as a non-underwater volcano. This happens under high pressure (from the sea above), so the molten rock cools much more quickly under water trapping more of the gases present in the volcano. (Gases ejected from overground volcanoes mix in the air rather than in the rock.) Rock from the underwater volcano is therefore less dense than rock forming from volcanoes on land. It is also less dense than water, meaning it rises to the surface.

Now. Anyone telling me that subscription to National Geographic was a waste of money can eat me.

• 4 months later...

I also liked this demolition of Dawkins the dunderbrain.

http://www.lrb.co.uk...ing-mispunching

Which one? He shows, maybe, that Dawkins builds up certain religions or people into straw men to make a more populist attacck on them, and that maybe he isn't always a nice man. However, on fundamental points Eagleton does no more than what he thinks God is all about. No reason why he holds those things to be true, or why he is more or less right than a Muslim or a faery-worshipper. This is why Dawkins doesn't need to debate the ins and outs of religion with him. Edited by leeslover

Which one? He shows, maybe, that Dawkins builds up certain religions or people into straw men to make a more populist attacck on them, and that maybe he isn't always a nice man. However, on fundamental points Eagleton does no more than what he thinks God is all about. No reason why he holds those things to be true, or why he is more or less right than a Muslim or a faery-worshipper. This is why Dawkins doesn't need to debate the ins and outs of religion with him.

Better than I could have said it.