The dark knight rises (SPOILERS ALERT)

pukka

Has anyone else seen the dark knight rises?

I'll try to scoot round plot points, but I probably wont so, if you dont want a spoiler and I mention something - DONT READ ON.

My initial reaction was that it was a bit of a let down. I did enjoy it, but I felt like it lacked a bit of class. It ended up being a mass fight with someone flying through the city avoiding rockets whilst a city is smashed up. We've seen that before. My expectations were so high though anything other than it being one of the greatest movies of all time would be a disapointment. So maybe its my fault why I didn't love it?

It was a far too baggy 2hrs 40mins. - not enough interaction between Batman and Bane. I know thats the point, with how he comes back, but to me it makes it far less interesting. It was very Rocky Balboa. Bane's line of "I must break you" - I'm sure I've heard that before somewhere?! Bane was a good villain, but I'd much rather have seen someone smarter. It was just smash, kill, Bang. No trying to outsmart - no cunning. I'll ust smash up gotham because I'm evil. Seen that before.

"Gotham deserves a better class of criminal" was a key line used by the joker - He was right.

Bane after being untouchable for 2hrs 30 mins - is then blown away in the blink of an eye. No suspense and followed by a comedy line. Nah - Chris Nolan, you are better than that.

The stuff in the prison... meh. You knew the outcome when he got in there. We've seen that before, in many forms. It just bored me.

After a few hours of Batman not being able to do anything right all of a sudden - Bang he's always in the right place. Catwoman - she didn't take her too long to learn how to ride that bike did she?!

The ending was it his fantasy or was it real? Oooh - you've done that before Nolan. Anyway why would he imagine Selina Kyle? He never met her. Giveaway there.

Now for what I liked...

It looked incredible. A real atmosphere was created. When things exploded it felt like it was actually being blown up. Not just a CGI pretend fight. The set design was incredible. Felt like a real city.

Anne Hathaway did a really good job as Selina Kyle, for me she was the star of the show. Didn't think she was the right choice, I was wrong. played perfectly, from minute 1. She was what I wanted in a villain - even though she is much mre of a loner than villain. I didn't understand what the point in her room mate was though. A loner with no friends looking after number 1 is much more interesting. She looked the part - completely believable, proper attitude. Never thought Hathaway had that in her.

When the Batsign was put on the building - yes it was cheesy, but gotta say It was a point where I thought "Here we go".

I actually liked Bane, as a right hand man he would have been brilliant. A general to someone else (the riddler maybe?) directing the battle - he was menacing and blended creepiness with brute force. Even if I did laugh at his voice twice.

It sounds like I really hated it - far from it. I did enjoy it. In comparison to trash like Transformers this was amazing, but it was just another super hero movie, a very good one, but just a super hero movie none-the-less. It shouldn't have been, it should have been more.

Edited by pukka

Better than 1, not as good as 2. Still loved it (saw it on IMAX last night).

I too thought it was a bit of a story for the sake of a fight. It would also seem that a will get both a Robin and possibly Catwoman picture in the next few years.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Catwomans ass on the bike was a huge plus point. Banes voice was really starting to grate. And the thing with batmans knee just seemed pointless. Ooh I've got a sore knee, ooh I've fixed it with a magic brace. It was the type of thing a writer would come up with to get around a problem from a previous film, but here he didn't have to bother with it at all? Maybe I'm jut being picky? All in all a good film, good ending with a chance of a robin spinoff.... Still think it lacked a scene stealing character like Joker, but to be honest, he would struggle to follow Ledgers performance with anyone.

7/10

Edited by BlueJazzer