Donation to kids ST

I think 'ackey' would be the man to pin the topic. The best thing to do is get people to pm you their name, email address and how much they can donate to start off. When you have an idea we can approach the club to say this is what we have so far, please put story on os to help us further it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help and support so far quite overwhelming from what was just a tiny comment on another thread

Can playershare just confirm please are you happy for us to pay the money into the account with reference 'Kids ST' we can then add up all the funds and donate to somewhere Friday 17th August the day before our league season starts

I think 'ackey' would be the man to pin the topic. The best thing to do is get people to pm you their name, email address and how much they can donate to start off. When you have an idea we can approach the club to say this is what we have so far, please put story on os to help us further it.

hiy

Happy to contribute, not confortable revealing how much and certainly not going to put my email adress up to be spammed!

Not a criticism of you, and noth aving a go.

This is a good point.

Who collects, keeps an eye on and returns the kids to parents who can't / won't go?

Crack that one and this idea will be a success.

When i use to coach football if somebody would take some of these kids they would jump at the chance if we couldnt most didnt bother if they where free tickets few would get a bus down.

Rather than get one for a local club, or school, is it worth considering a link up with social services, to connect with the children who really have had a :censored: start in life?

This is a very good idea.

In terms of getting kids there is there a club mini bus that could pick kids up? Obviously would need some staff to look after them. I would guess most staff at OAFC would be CRB checked due to youth teams and kids attending games.

Maybe a free adult 'CARER' ST could be obtained from the club on a pro-rata basis to the kids tickets. In the same way they provide a Disabled carer free ticket. If you are able to get the club involved in this?

This could have legs KTF, as no precendent is being set.

So could we focused on disabled kids, and also target those that have not had such a good start in life like you suggested.

Ok I have spoke to a few charites but made NO assurances and hopefully the football club can be secured now

Before we can proceed just waiting to know :-

1, Where we can pay money to - Waiting on playershare guys for this

2, If the club can put an ad on the OS for this

3, As for the transport issue nothing we could really do so I suggest we donate to club and charity who i am informed do have a transport they could use for up to 15 children

Keep u updated, in the meantime anymore intrest please notify us on here

As stated in the original thread I'm more than happy getting involved. Personally I'd be happier if they went to a proper organisation for kids who have had a hard start in life. Very proud of our fans for getting involved with this. Shows just how much the future of the club means to us.

up to 15 now

I will happy have the money into my account if anyone is happy and wants to do that pm me and i will send you my paypal i would prefer it to go into playershare so that people have the confidence to use this but the option is there

By the way my e-mail is my name if that helps with security

Hi, to the company I work for I have just pitched the idea of donating an amount which can be converted to junior season tickets and then distributed out to local schools. Got the green light! Every little helps.

-

Hey completely forgot to ask my boss - will try and get our company to donate too, I think loads of companies would if we could get them some publicity by the way.

Maybe we could build this in to a separate scheme. Would the trust take ownership?

It would also need some branding. How about the "Latics for Life" scheme?