• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about donateing some of the ticket to a local football club were you know the tickets will get used I know a few that will be intrested pm if you think its aa good idea pal

It has andy, its been split between football team, see above, from Deans original post.

THe local youths, plus some that are less fortunate.

It has andy, its been split between football team, see above, from Deans original post.

THe local youths, plus some that are less fortunate.

that's good to hear sorry about not reading the other post I just had quick flick through on my phone lol anyone got a rough number on how many have donated and I will try to donate at the end of tthe week when I get paid and is it possable to get bussiness to sponser this ?

Hi sorry been at football tonight, at last count I think it was enough for 31 kids to have season tickets so in effect £310 in what was 30 hours since the scheme started

As stated I am in talks with the club and I am due to meet a few of the Oldham Trust and hopefully officials at the club before the Stevenage game when I am coming up

As soon as the charity is decided rest assured you will know about it

With regards to the sponsership of the scheme any company that can donate funds will get their name mentioned rest assured on Twitter and of course on here (should they want it) we are hopeful of creating a website for this and will be of course advertising space on their we can give

Thank you for the kind offer Andy, any idea how much the company maybe willing to donate?

Just checked 31 tickets so far and I have been offered 5 more by way of cheque and other offers, fingers crossed that comes off

I am far from greedy this has exceeded what we thought we would get and everyones kind words have made this worth while and given me the drive to keep it going

Just having a look like the idea of Christies if thats what the charity does and definetley think the kids would apprecaite Chaddy maybe doing something with them but this of course is in the club hands so i can say anything and i certainly wont be dressing up as Chaddy anytime soon lol

The above its what this is about giving kids who actually deserve the treat and taking them and their parents mind of the worry just for even a few hours and making them enjoy themselves as every child imo deserve that

I have my 1st due end of September and doesn't bare thinking about illness so im not the kind to sit back really I would rather be able to say that we and its far from me this as without the money it wouldnt happen are the ones who made their 2 hours, day or weekend

Christies logistically would be great Singe as well looking at the location of just how close it is to BP would help with transporting issues as mentioned above

That is if im looking at the correct place?

Hi Dean, Yep, the main base is in Withington but there is a unit "The Christie at Oldham".

I guess the main point is if the club will allow the person accompanying to be free as a carer. I hope so, I th k it could really work then.Would you like me to email to see if we can get some sort of indication if it is feasible befre you meet them? Cheers

I'm probably being thick but what's the link to donate?

Incidentally, I'm all for using the momey for deserving cases but we should be careful not to push the, "charity," aspect too far, kids can put a stigma against things like that. We just want to get kids into the ground who otherwise might not be there. But excellent work all round.

To all those who have or are intending on sending cheques please can I ask that you just send me a quick PM when the cheque is on its way

I have received a cheque at home today but without the reference of who you are on here I cant pinpoint who it is that has sent this or the site.

Also if you sending a cheque I will acknowledge receipt of this via a message on here so you are aware when it will be cashed and we will be able to make sure no cheques get lost in our forever unrealiable postal system

Many thanks

Dean

May be out of order but I have mention this initiative to BBC Local Radio who have asked that we send them an e mail giving details

Any offers to do this as I do not wished to plagerise other peoples EXCELLENT ideas

Edited by another fan

The response to this incentive goes to show how good latic fans are when something worth while is tried.

OWTB is a perfect way for fans to push ideas like this and with the help of LDA this incentive could help many kids who might not be able to attend games. Kids are the future of the club so that is why incentives like this are so important.

The Oldham Community Trust led by Wendy Noble and Matt Pickford already target local football clubs and schools with offers. If this incentive can help disadvantaged children in some way either those in Care or recovering from illness, it is another group of kids who might get the ‘latic’ bug and become fans of tomorrow.

Communication has already been made with social services about this incentive and I know the club are thankful of fans once again running with positive ideas that help the club.

-

This all started with a plea for a football for a kid who'd had there's nicked, anyone know if he ever got the ball?

From little acorns giant oak trees grow, this superb initiative is now being promoted in so many ways that I'm hearing about it from fans of other clubs. Brilliant work. Especially those who are doing the legwork. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell what club was that?

I hope that you all like us Gooner's a little more now :OASISscarf:

Two of my sons friends one a City fan and one a Utd fan, I overheard them talking with my 15 year old son about it. I think they got to hear about it on twitter! (one of whom is coming next season with said son to BP on a £10 ticket.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

The Christie centre in Oldham is a different beast the childrens unit at Didsbury but might be mileage in speaking to Oldham Hospital as the new huge childrens facilities are not far of completion and might give a few kids a couple of hours out of hospital.

Hi Hallam, not having a go (its based on my ignorance) what is the difference?