• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody on this forum ever seen an NFL game in America by the way?

I've been to 49ers v Seahawks and Falcons v Ravens, my team is the Jets unfortunately - for some reason I ended up with a Jets jumper in primary school and they've been my team since. Another sporting curse like my dad for some reason taking me to Oldham for my first ever game and being lumbered with them ever since.

So in these play-offs i've been backing Seahawks, then Falcons and now i'm going for the Ravens, so expect a 49ers win.

I knew they'd beat Patriots with Lewis inspiration but 49ers are going to win the Superbowl.

Whilst Alex Smith pins his Jim Harbough voodoo doll, Kaepernick will storm it.

I just think Flacco hasn't got the bottle and the 49ers Defence will get to him, though Aldon Smith seems to fail on the biggest stage.

I just think Flacco hasn't got the bottle

I've gotten a bit carried away over the years with this particular stance on Flacco, let myself have my head turned by the he's-no-good-on-the-road rhetoric and all that, but the fact remains: he's won SIX playoff road games. Most in history. Sure, he's prone to dribbling into his helmet from time to time, but he's literally on the cusp of being considered elite. His arm strength and his accuracy are really coming to the fore now; no doubt helped by having Boldin getting up there and winning his battles, but still - I think this might be the defining moment for him, he'll kick on and find the consistency that the best QBs possess.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is after the fact, but I :censored:ing love my "Ravens by three" conversation in the taxi last (Saturday) night.

I put bets on over 62.5 points and the Ravens to win by between 1 and 6. Which was nice.

I actually thought it would be really low scoring, but I hate betting on there not being many points so when I put the bet on I had to go the opposite way and be on loads being scored.

£50 win, which put a big dent in my drinks bill for the night.

I knew they'd beat Patriots with Lewis inspiration but 49ers are going to win the Superbowl.

Whilst Alex Smith pins his Jim Harbough voodoo doll, Kaepernick will storm it.

I just think Flacco hasn't got the bottle and the 49ers Defence will get to him, though Aldon Smith seems to fail on the biggest stage.

what was that about the niners? :wink:

Sure, he's prone to dribbling into his helmet from time to time, but he's literally on the cusp of being considered elite. His arm strength and his accuracy are really coming to the fore now; no doubt helped by having Boldin getting up there and winning his battles, but still - I think this might be the defining moment for him, he'll kick on and find the consistency that the best QBs possess.

I think this is the first (and probably last) time I've been able to quote myself in an "I told you so" fashion.

Would've won if it wasn't for that :censored:ty holding no-call in the least few minutes!

Crabtree initiated contact and could also have been called on OPI. Not forgetting the fact that Kaep's throw was way out of bounds and probably uncatchable.

:tongue1:

Would've won if it wasn't for that :censored:ty holding no-call in the least few minutes!

(Granted the blackout made the score respectable)

hahahha weren't you supporting the Ravens!?

Anyway, they were both all over each other tbh and the throw was quite a bit out of bounds. In the end The Ravens did deserve the win! & the niners only gained that momentum after the blackout!

Im saying Ravens deserved the win purely for Jones' amazing run!!

• 4 months later...