Magic water

leeslover

Heard a lovely story about Clare Perry, a Tory MP who quite fancies herself. She walked into her office on Monday, before the reshuffle, and haughtily gave her staff a week's notice, on the strong belief that she was about to become a Minister. Didn't get the call. Hard lines.

To be fair for a politician, she is quite fanciable. I've known far more attractive women though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/Claire_Perry_MP.jpg/220px-Claire_Perry_MP.jpg

Edited by rudemedic

I'm gonna build an extension for Britain. I'm gonna have a conservatory and an extension and everything's gonna be fine.

Here is the news: this Government is over.

Hold fire on that, you might find that the mortgage is quite enough to pay for when Chancellor Balls copies M Hollande and imposes deeper, "cuts," than Sarky did. Where will the axe fall first?

I'm gonna build an extension for Britain. I'm gonna have a conservatory and an extension and everything's gonna be fine.

Here is the news: this Government is over.

Interesting - I was advised that you should always apply for planning permission even on a small extention, as by doing this formalises the process and helps to ensure that building regs have been met. This potentially could encourage cow boy builders to cut corners. Also if you move house, it could be an issue if you cannot prove that building regs have been met and you probably have to indemnify the buyer against future issues.

Interesting - I was advised that you should always apply for planning permission even on a small extention, as by doing this formalises the process and helps to ensure that building regs have been met. This potentially could encourage cow boy builders to cut corners. Also if you move house, it could be an issue if you cannot prove that building regs have been met and you probably have to indemnify the buyer against future issues.

Now stead on Jim, I'm afraid I have to disagree here, it would appear that you are suggesting that this policy may be deeply flawed, are are verging on insinuating that it may even have been cobbled together on the back of a fag packet. I have 100% confidence that Dave will have got his brightest and most highly skilled members of his team to thoroughly research it and come up with a totally workable and effective policy.

Now stead on Jim, I'm afraid I have to disagree here, it would appear that you are suggesting that this policy may be deeply flawed, are are verging on insinuating that it may even have been cobbled together on the back of a fag packet. I have 100% confidence that Dave will have got his brightest and most highly skilled members of his team to thoroughly research it and come up with a totally workable and effective policy.

Of course not, I don't belive DC smokes (he's on glue).

It was Nick's idea by the looks of it. It doesn't matter though, the bureaucrats in Brussels won't allow it, not unless you let Romany Muslim peadophiles live there. On benefits.

Both Chiropracty and acupuncture helped me when I slipped a disc.

You were lucky - chiropractic medicine is not reliable, around 50% of patients surveyed had worsening symptoms or pain following treatment.

Also comes from here: "Chiropractic was invented some years ago by DD Palmer, an American magnetic healer. Palmer believed that an “innate intelligence” was carried through the spinal cord to the rest of the body." (both from here (.pdf))

Acupuncture does involve physical stuff happening to the patient - therefore I don't thing you can throw it out of court from the off as you can with homeopathy. It may well still be a load of old pony of course but I remain sceptically opened to being convinced.

I am always open to being convinced otherwise. However I have yet to see (rudemedic's link considered) evidence to sway me. There is no evidence I have seen which suggests that jabbing needles in has a greater efficacy than tapping with toothpicks. Equally patients surveyed (can't find the link or I'd source my claim) with one "trained" acupuncturist, one person mimicking those locations but untrained and one person randomly applying needles (all using the same "patter") to a rang of patients showed that the 'real' acupuncturist was no more effective than the untrained person or even the random control.