Manager Performance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we give him a bit more time, the team starts to gel and Derbyshire goes back to Forest and Baxter gets a move to the championship, then what?

Baxter and Derbyshire are here to kick start their careers and I'll be amazed if they are both still here after January. It's obvious Dickov has good contacts in the game but that's not enough....it's a short term fix and is just papering over the cracks!

That may well happen or Derbyshire stays for 3 months and we could be top half come xmas, they both decide to stay and we could push for the playoffs. Who knows?

While we are playing a lot better than we have done for a while id say keep him here. Until the past 3 games i cant remeber Dickov making a change that had an impact on the game and he does it in all 3 the last games. I cant remember us coming out after half time and playing better than we did in the first half but we have done that in the last 2 games.

Thing are starting to look a little brighter. A new manager might prove to be just what we need but while things are looking ok and any said manager cant bring in any players then i say stick with Dickov, if we are bottom 8 come xmas then i say make the change.

I really like Dickov as a person and really want him to do well but those stats have shocked me.

Being less successful than Penney is probably the nail in the coffin to be honest. I hope the players turn it around from now and shoot Dickov up that chart. I really think he will become a successful manager and would love it to be with Oldham.

Knew Ronniesaurus would be up there. I think we would have finally got promoted under him but he alienated the fans, me included, with his attitude. Same goes with Shez who I thought was a miserable :censored: but you can't ignore that he got players playing.

Would you say Sheridan had less money to spend than Ronnie Moore?

I certainly don't remember him having more.

Makes his stats even more impressive for me.

Shez;s sats, either way are suprising aren't they.

But he seems to have ain initial honeymoon period and fades, which happened at LAtics and Chrsterfield.

Proof you should not just on purely the stats.

Shez;s sats, either way are suprising aren't they.

But he seems to have ain initial honeymoon period and fades, which happened at LAtics and Chrsterfield.

Proof you should not just on purely the stats.

You say that, but with us he finished 6th, 8th and we was in and around the play-offs when he was sacked. Not exactly having an inital honeymoon period and fading is it?

You say that, but with us he finished 6th, 8th and we was in and around the play-offs when he was sacked. Not exactly having an inital honeymoon period and fading is it?

I've accepted I'm in the Dickov out camp now but firmly stood up for Sheridan, could understand the sacking in the end but my posts would confirm I wasn't always an 'out man'... Even with Penney I'd of got the rationale for another season

Very very good point, sticvking it out proves sucesful.

When under pressure, is the time to tell, and Dickov has proved he do at least a bit of magic.

A tad too early IMHO

Is it a good point? Sticking it out might prove successful. Royle was managing a team a level up from this one and I would bet the figures for his first 133 games were better than Dickov's.

I'm not saying Dickov should be sacked, just that I don't think it would be outrageous if he was. As for magic, what magic? The only thing he's really shown to date is that he can spot a good player.

What were big Joe's stats after two and a bit seasons?

I cannot post a fancy spreadheet like Rummy, but the stats are:

LEague only

Pld Won Drew Lost Win% Lost % PPG

90 29 28 33 32.2 36.7% 1.28

Goals for 116 Goals against 128

Interestingly the next game (equivalent to Brentford game) we lost 6-0 at Elland Road, Leeds were 8th at the time.

First 133 games

It does not include Simod Cup level games but does FA Cup and League cup

133 42 36 55 31.6% 41.3% 1.21

Edited by singe

Feeling a little torn.

The figures don't look good. it hasn't been a thrill a minute.

but i still like the little fella. he seems to give 100%, seems to really want to succeed at the club, conducts himself really well. he's very likeable. he's a lot of crap to put up with (budgets, short term policy).

however, time is sadly running out.

come on wee man...we want you to do it!!!

I cannot post a fancy spreadheet like Rummy, but the stats are:

LEague only

90 29 28 33 32.2 36.7% 1.28

Goals for 116 Goals against 128

Interestingly the next game (equivalent to Brentford game) we lost 6-0 at Elland Road, Leeds were 8th at the time.

First 133 games

It does not include Simod Cup level games but does FA Cup and League cup

133 42 36 55 31.6% 41.3% 1.21

i.e. significantly better PPG than Dickov at a higher level.

Compare Dickov to Royle all you like but he falls well short and, whilst continuity is a valuable asset, let's not kid ourselves that a steady growth like under Royle, resulting eventually in enormous success is automatically going to come.

I sound like an 'outer' but I'm not; I just struggle with some of the arguments in favour of Dickov.