"A start's better judged after 10"

Saturday is indeed massive - After only a few games it's the old "six pointer" against a Coventry side that's going to struggle all season unless it can spend some money in January. I think PD is now on borrowed time - it will take a fantastic turnabout to save his job now and I cant see it happening. It's a shame - he's a great bloke - but just hasn't got the tactical prowess or the ability to learn from mistakes. I still think, that with the right "right hand man", he could have improved us massively.....If we lose on Saturday, he could be going, and we'll be in deep deep trouble :(

That's what Moysie has just said on MOTD and that's what Dikov has asked for.

Supporters accept Dikov's request?! ...some do.....some don't.....

As I write there's a 60/40 ish vote in favour of sacking Dikov.

Saturday = Massive.

Now it's 55% in favour of keeping him , 45% sacking.

Saturday is till very big however.

Edited by LaticsPete

I think cov will come good especially considering the amount of quality in their squad. Just a question of how long it takes robins to get them playing. Please let it be after we play them.

Exactly could be said of our squad, plenty of quality, just needs someone to get us playing. Would love it if it was PD but sorry to say I just can't see it.

Exactly could be said of our squad, plenty of quality, just needs someone to get us playing. Would love it if it was PD but sorry to say I just can't see it.

I hope Furman and Wesolowski don't play deep again on Saturday practically holding hands and handing over the early initiative to Coventry, if so I fear the worst.

However, it could be Wesolowski will be 'rested' in favour of Baxter to instill more creativity, although arguably its should be Furman who is left out.

That's what Moysie has just said on MOTD and that's what Dikov has asked for.

Supporters accept Dikov's request?! ...some do.....some don't.....

As I write there's a 60/40 ish vote in favour of sacking Dikov.

Saturday = Massive.

So... Saturday will be game 10 in the season

In the league we have amassed 6 points from a possible 21

In the cup we have lost at home to a championship club and away to a league two outfit

Coventry have had a miserable start to their season - they currently languish in 23rd spot with a mere 3 draws from their eight games

A win is deperately needed but for me it has to be about winning with purpose - it is a massive game.

You see a mellowing of views as the last defeat gets a little further away and people have had more time to reflect.

I still think he's a dead man walking.

At the start of the season I read it as 10 league games as the cup comps are fairly irrelevant to me.

I'd like him to be given until the Preston game to a get a win or 2 but if we have a bad performance to go alongside a bad result against Coventry or Crewe then I expect that he'll be gone.

Funny how an off the cuff sentence about judging a start to a season, has been morphed by owtb to Dickov saying 'please sack me after we play coventry.'

Muppets.

"off the cuff"? I don't believe it was.

I believe that Dickov had been reading this forum, saw all the "let's judge him after ten games" comments and decide to use that at as a throwing down of the gauntlet...something which he is now most probably regretting. And, if we lose against Coventry, I also believe that we will be looking for a new manager.

I'll judge 18 competitive games then. I don't think it was much sharper before that either.

Played 18

Won 2

Drawn 6

Lost 10

Points per game 0.67 (I've assumed cup games to be awarded points)

11% win rate

That equates to 31 points a season.

Paul, it's your team, your tactics, your results. I don't think we've been harshly done to by referees. I don't think the mix of opposition in those 18 games is heavily weighted to "big" teams. Although the squad was thin at the start of the season there were a dozen good players available for each game.

There is only one outcome if it continues.

Either the manager changes something or the owner has to.

(Spread it over 35 games and it's 7 wins, 9 draws, 19 defeats. That's 38 points a season)

Edited by opinions4u