Celebrity Sweepstake

Matt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically Freddie Star but that same scandal aside, Noel Edmonds/Chris Tarrant. Or the next male Blue Peter presenter to die.

Funny how this scandal came out now when Saville's been dead for nearly a year and you can't libel the dead.

Technically Freddie Star but that same scandal aside, Noel Edmonds/Chris Tarrant. Or the next male Blue Peter presenter to die.

Funny how this scandal came out now when Saville's been dead for nearly a year and you can't libel the dead.

Savile did worse to the dead than libel them. It will be a bold newspaper to print that one though.

Savile did worse to the dead than libel them. It will be a bold newspaper to print that one though.

That's the story that I was aware of, these new allegations of noncery have been a surprise to me, I expected the other allegations to surface first, maybe they will now.

That's the story that I was aware of, these new allegations of noncery have been a surprise to me, I expected the other allegations to surface first, maybe they will now.

Indeed, it was a great shock to hear that his victims were

A) Female

and

B )Breathing

Edited by leeslover

Freddy Royle.

Still, whatever you say about Sir Jimmy, you have to respect him for giving up his spare time to volunteer as a hospital porter at Stoke Mandeville. I suspect that the real reason it hasn't broken is that nobody wants to be the first to make tens of thousands of people start to think that one of their late relatives was, well, you know...

Saville had friends in high places, i bet some of these other suspected nonces are never revealed.

Out today that he was at it with paralysed and mentally ill children in hospitals. A quote from one of his victims:

"My fear is that other victims may now be dead because the care of paraplegics was not nearly as good back then as it is today.”

It's getting closer to the big one...

Out today that he was at it with paralysed and mentally ill children in hospitals. A quote from one of his victims:

"My fear is that other victims may now be dead because the care of paraplegics was not nearly as good back then as it is today.”

...it's a shame for all Popbitches that we already know what the big one is. I'm gonna pretend I don't know just so I can laugh when it comes out.

That is exactly what I thought when I heard this on the news this morning.

And mads, you're right, it's not really funny.

It's the kids that went on Jim'll that didn't get nonced that I feel sorry for, how rejected must they feel now?

It's the kids that went on Jim'll that didn't get nonced that I feel sorry for, how rejected must they feel now?

My Dad always gets into a rant when anyone makes jokes or digs whenever Catholic priest scandals come out, and says that none of them ever fiddled with him. I generaally point out that it only means that he was a very unnattractive child.

With all due respect, Will. It's not really funny.

Fair enough. Another taste lapse. There's probably a German word for my reaction - encompassing shock, disgust, pity and sympathy (for the victims), a sense of we should have known (in that every new revelation rings true with what we knew already), a sense of having been duped by his marathon running charity ventures and so on.