Celebrity Sweepstake

Matt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to that blog, Ken Clarke groped an 18-year-old lad who was playing a 15-year-old for the Cook Report. This is questionable alleged behaviour, but not noncing.

Would be amazed if this isn't a red herring. Ken Clarke was a Thatcher-era politician, but he was also a Major-era politician and is a Cameron-era politician. Still in the Cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...

I could've posted this in 'What are you listening to at the moment?', but it's more likely to be read here.

From a mid-80s Peel session, Half Man Half Biscuit - 'I Left My Heart In Papworth General', part of the lyric of which doesn’t seem to leave any room for doubt about what they are saying:

“Down at Stoke Mandeville I bumped into Mr IQ

I said “Hey albino, this is not 1972

Stub out your King Edward and get that small boy off your knee

And melt down your rings and things and get yourself off the TV”

Jim could you fix it for me

To come down and suck out your kidneys?

I’ve got this younger brother, you see

Who wants to stay alive to watch Bilko ”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_z40D4I2Y

The CPS has found a file relating to alleged abuse by the late Cyril Smith, Rochdale MP, in the 1960s. Rochdale's current MP has asked why the case was dropped by prosecutors, against advice, and called for an inquiry into the role of MI5 in a potential "cover-up".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-2039963

The CPS has found a file relating to alleged abuse by the late Cyril Smith, Rochdale MP, in the 1960s. Rochdale's current MP has asked why the case was dropped by prosecutors, against advice, and called for an inquiry into the role of MI5 in a potential "cover-up".

Danczuck is right. We need to get to the bottom of this.

Rochdale Alternative Press broke this story 30-odd years ago.

There were rumours about Big Cyril for years. You never know but Rochdale politics is and has been so filthy that it's wise to keep an open mind to even the lowest form of smear imaginable being deployed. Labour MPs are in danger of getting a reputation for using the House privileges a bit loosely.

There were rumours about Big Cyril for years. You never know but Rochdale politics is and has been so filthy that it's wise to keep an open mind to even the lowest form of smear imaginable being deployed. Labour MPs are in danger of getting a reputation for using the House privileges a bit loosely.

This is bollocks. You don't need to be in the House of Commons to say what you like about dead people. Plus you would struggle to gain any electoral advantage from impugning the reputation of someone who is technically disqualified--owing to absolutely non-negotiable biological laws--from standing again.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Rochdale has been dragged through the mud, and for good reason it seems.,So now it's a former MP Cyril Smith, before that, council and police inaction on sex abuse claims, and then the two councilors putting in a good word for their well respected friend, whist he was up in court for grooming offenses.

This is bollocks. You don't need to be in the House of Commons to say what you like about dead people. Plus you would struggle to gain any electoral advantage from impugning the reputation of someone who is technically disqualified--owing to absolutely non-negotiable biological laws--from standing again.

I am, of course, aware both that you can't libel the dead, and that dead people rarely win elections. However, I have yet to see Tom Watson come out in public and eat :censored: for what he did, or did I miss that? He was Mr Brown's attack dog and didn't want to miss a trick to smear the Tories with noncing allegations. You yourself know someone from Rochdale politics who suffered what Dave referred to when he talked about gay people being tarred as paedos, I dare say the current Labour MP knows some of the people who put that about.

I am, of course, aware both that you can't libel the dead, and that dead people rarely win elections. However, I have yet to see Tom Watson come out in public and eat :censored: for what he did, or did I miss that? He was Mr Brown's attack dog and didn't want to miss a trick to smear the Tories with noncing allegations. You yourself know someone from Rochdale politics who suffered what Dave referred to when he talked about gay people being tarred as paedos, I dare say the current Labour MP knows some of the people who put that about.

Do I?