Celebrity Sweepstake

Matt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Order! Order! Nigel Evans, the Deputy Speaker, has been ordered to return to the police station on June 19, after being arrested on suspicion of rape of one man and sexual assault of another man, now in their early 20s, between 2009 and 2013.

I know someone whose cock he repeatedly tried to grab when :censored:faced at conference 10 years ago, and it seems he has subsequent form at this. I suspect people are inflating his (entirely unwelcome) behaviour into something more.

West Yorkshire Police Force has completed its investigation into its relationship with Jimmy Savile. The Force's report concludes that it was not negligent in the way in which investigations to claims of sexual abuse regarding Savile were carried out, and that it did not allow personal relationships with Savile to prejudice its views or threaten its impartiality in any way.

Why am I not surprised?

• 4 weeks later...

There was something in one of the papers the other day about a former Coronation Street actor being done for it, in addition to Frank Foster, Ken Barlow and Kevin Webster. They weren't allowed to name him, but said he was a household name in the 90's...

Any ideas? It definitely wasn't Curly Watts because he was in We Will Rock You that I went to see last night....

I know someone whose cock he repeatedly tried to grab when :censored:faced at conference 10 years ago, and it seems he has subsequent form at this. I suspect people are inflating his (entirely unwelcome) behaviour into something more.

Fairly famous for it in the Sports and Social. It's nothing you wouldn't get away with at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern or Fire, but probably best not to be a bum squeezer at the office. Asking for bother.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

In addition to being charged on 1st May with two counts of rape, Bill Roache was charged today with two indecent assaults in relation to a 14-year-old girl in 1965, one on a 16-year-old girl in 1965, one on a girl aged 13 or 14 in 1968 and one on a girl aged 11 or 12 in 1968.

• 2 weeks later...

Stuart Hall has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting 13 girls between ages 9 to 17. Being sentenced later on. He's going to get some serious time for that.

It'll kill him with any luck!

15 months.

Edited by jsslatic

Matthew Kelly did get done a few years back, but all charges were dropped...

And Stuart Hall must have some dirt on the judge to only get such a short sentence... The nonce should have his arms, legs, dick and then his head cut off slowly...

Oh so he did!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1423028/Matthew-Kelly-in-the-clear-over-child-sex.html

Matthew Kelly did get done a few years back, but all charges were dropped...

And Stuart Hall must have some dirt on the judge to only get such a short sentence... The nonce should have his arms, legs, dick and then his head cut off slowly...

The Attorney General is to examine whether the 15-month sentence was "unduly lenient".

Not sure that he would have got a 'harsher' sentence to be honest. Surely he has to be sentenced per incident with the penalty administered at the time the crimes were committed. These sentences may carry a 10 year penalty these days (for arguments sake); the Judge cannot retrospectively dish out today's penalties for something that happened 40 years ago.

Not sure that he would have got a 'harsher' sentence to be honest. Surely he has to be sentenced per incident with the penalty administered at the time the crimes were committed. These sentences may carry a 10 year penalty these days (for arguments sake); the Judge cannot retrospectively dish out today's penalties for something that happened 40 years ago.

Pleading guilty, his age and health may have reduced his sentence somewhat. There is something about sentences of longer than 366 days and remaining on a person's criminal record too.

I'd be surprised if he serves longer than 8 months, which seems very lenient in modern times.

Pleading guilty, his age and health may have reduced his sentence somewhat. There is something about sentences of longer than 366 days and remaining on a person's criminal record too.

I'd be surprised if he serves longer than 8 months, which seems very lenient in modern times.

I'm also fairly certain that age would not have had a bearing on the outcome...

Defence: "He eighty-odd"

Judge "Okay then, he can have 12 months less than somebody younger"

...I don't think you can do that.

Clearly, I await OWTB's Consigliere - Stevie_J - to put me straight!

There is documented evidence that the offender's old age has been taken into consideration by the sentencer in deciding the sentence on previous occasions.

Indeed, Matt. The sentencing guidelines applicable at the time of the offences are relevant and partially account for the relatively short sentence. But his age, or any other offender's for that matter, will have no bearing on his sentence (at least, officially - judges can be odd characters and one barrister publicly commented that this police operation served only to persecute old men!) as that would constitute age discrimination which is contrary to UK and EU law. Serious ill health (i.e. something terminal) can result in early release and, possibly (I'd have to check), suspension of a sentence but that's not applicable to Hall.