Yes or no.   

21 members have voted

1. 1. All Tories are bellends, including anyone who votes for them

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scratch2000uk

What,? Those noble multi-millionaire Tories, who say "we are in this together", While villyfying, and cutting back on the poorest working sections of society? And then making out that the ones who have to rely on benefits are somehow living the high life, as an excuse to cut even further,

You have got to love them.

I think Mr Osbourne is gambling that there are a lot of people out there working hard and doing their best ho see people who don't do the same who are living a similar lifestyle to them, and that the working people don't think that's right. It's really crap to make it out as an attack on the poor when the main idea is to make it worthwhile to be a member of the working class (Labour's folk as once was) rather than a benefit recipient. Who wants to bust their arse, work hard, do overtime if they can, pay the bills and come home and find your next door neighbour is sitting on his arse and has as much money as you?

What,? Those noble multi-millionaire Tories, who say "we are in this together", While villyfying, and cutting back on the poorest working sections of society?

I'm not a Tory spokeman, but surely this is untrue? The increase in the minimum tax threshold has done more for the lowest wage earners than anything else for decades. It was, ironically, a Lib Dem driven policy. I am led to believe that if the Tories had won a decent majority last time they would have gone for a flat tax which would have made all earnings tax free up to something like £15,000, including NI

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'm not a Tory spokeman, but surely this is untrue? The increase in the minimum tax threshold has done more for the lowest wage earners than anything else for decades. It was, ironically, a Lib Dem driven policy. I am led to believe that if the Tories had won a decent majority last time they would have gone for a flat tax which would have made all earnings tax free up to something like £15,000, including NI

Aye a watered down policy from the Lib Dems. don't forget though hard working families have had their child care costs cut whilst care costs have increased, and have had to increase their hours to get the same tax credits and in some circumstances had them cut even though they meet the criteria. What the tories said in their manifesto was thrown out the window, when they found out how deep we were and are still in it.

Aye a watered down policy from the Lib Dems. don't forget though hard working families have had their child care costs cut whilst care costs have increased, and have had to increase their hours to get the same tax credits and in some circumstances had them cut even though they meet the criteria. What the tories said in their manifesto was thrown out the window, when they found out how deep we were and are still in it.

The family tax credit was perhaps Gordy's finest hour - letting people off tax, whilst borrowing money and raising other taxes to pay for it. Someone had to pay the bill. As for child care costs increasing - I sympathise that the costs are massively inflated by regulation for child care provision, but still, I must say, have the kids that you can afford and no more.

Basically when most of us are on one benefit or another, it's hard to get off it, but we need to if we are going to be a productive nation and not a set of civil servants administering the Jeremy Kyle show (with Hansard covering it)

Guest Scratch2000uk

The family tax credit was perhaps Gordy's finest hour - letting people off tax, whilst borrowing money and raising other taxes to pay for it. Someone had to pay the bill. As for child care costs increasing - I sympathise that the costs are massively inflated by regulation for child care provision, but still, I must say, have the kids that you can afford and no more.

Basically when most of us are on one benefit or another, it's hard to get off it, but we need to if we are going to be a productive nation and not a set of civil servants administering the Jeremy Kyle show (with Hansard covering it)

There were other work realated benefits before that was introduced, WFTC (working family tax credit) and FC (family credit) before that, which i think was introduced by the Tories, so not quite a Gordy maserpiece,These schemes were introduced to tackle low pay for non skilled working families.

Maybe employers should pay a fair living wage so that benefits aren't needed.

Or, Maybe they should scrap the benefit, and put those burdens on society in the workhouse, kids an all, and let them work for their gruel.

As one of the nation's esteemed bankers I can recall flogging credit cards.

On several occasions single Mum would roll up with her offspring and, due to the joys of a target driven culture, I'd willingly complete the application form.

Occupation - housewife (even though she'd never been anybody's wife and was unlikely to be so)

Income - cue a listing of weekly benefits, four weekly benefits and maintenance from two fathers.

Total - £25,000+ pa was not uncommon. A fair chunk not taxable. Net pay higher than average wage.

The outcomes varied, but if she'd paid her Brighthouse bills on time the issuing of a card with a £2,500 limit wasn't anywhere near as rare as it probably should have been. After all, her disposable income was pretty high so she had the ability to repay.

So much about what I've just typed tells you so much about what's wrong with the nation.

For me it's simple. Stupid banks. Stupid politicians. State sponsored single parenthood. State sponsored banks.

Somebody's got to change it somehow. It's a shame Frank Field was fired off by Blair. I think he had the right ideas.

Edited by opinions4u

Exceedingly difficult how?

Add up the costs of being dragged through an employment tribunal, paying someone on suspension, management and legal time, and having to prove how you jumped through hoops to check that they really couldn't do the job and the implied costs are massive. Even when you have acted completely properly it can easily cost you over a year's salary of the person dismissed. If you are a firm employing 6 or 7 people then this can be crippling.

It is absurdly difficult to part company with an employee who you simply do not wish to work for you any longer. "Red tape," surely means bothersome procedures?

Add up the costs of being dragged through an employment tribunal, paying someone on suspension, management and legal time, and having to prove how you jumped through hoops to check that they really couldn't do the job and the implied costs are massive. Even when you have acted completely properly it can easily cost you over a year's salary of the person dismissed. If you are a firm employing 6 or 7 people then this can be crippling.

And rightly so!

You are basically giving the example of wanting to get rid of someone with the reasoning of capability I am presuming... What is so hard or time consuming about it ? Its all about being fair to someone...

1. Ask them in to explain themselves and issue them with a first written warning if you are still not happy and sure you gave them all the resonable training / support.

2. Still under performing.... Have a second meeting and issue them with a final written warning.

3. Still under performing.... Full displanry hearing, warn the employee he might be sacked, and then if the hearning finds he needs to go, show them the door...

Simples and if you follow this any tribunal is simple and no need for any legal repersentive.

And this only applies in most cases if they have been there more than 12 months...

Is all that really so hard ? Is it really so wrong to give employees some very basic protection ?

And you just want rid because of lack of work... Redundancy process is pretty straight forward... But some greedy people don't like that route because it involves paying out *rolls eyes*

Edited by oafc0000