Tories

Yes or no.   

21 members have voted

1. 1. All Tories are bellends, including anyone who votes for them

agency workers get 12 weeks before they qualify for the same right as permanent emplyees

guess what happens after 11 weeks working with a company yep your moved and thats from personal experiance

They can struggle to move you after 11 weeks to simply avoid you qualifying for the same benefits as more permanent employees it can still count as an unfair dismissal. If you go back to the same company within a few weeks it is also like you never left.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scratch2000uk

They can struggle to move you after 11 weeks to simply avoid you qualifying for the same benefits as more permanent employees it can still count as an unfair dismissal. If you go back to the same company within a few weeks it is also like you never left.

They will not have the right to claim unfair dismissal.

The only benefits temps/agency workers and permenent staff will share after 12 weeks are in terms of pay, working hours, night work, breaks, annual leave, public holiday pay, shift allowances, overtime rates and unsociable hours premiums, and the right to be informed of internal vacancies.

I don't like Tories, and I don't like what Labour have become. Lib dems are dead in the water, and for the minutes of sense that Farage sometimes displays (see an earlier video posted in this very forum) I can't get away from the feeling that UKIP are just a Tory reject party. Realistically, that leaves the Green Party. *shrug*

With little more than a fag paper between all of them, democracy and politics just isn't diverse enough any more. For those of us that do vote (and even though the menu of candidates is so bland and uninteresting, I still do) we don't even get an equal say as the majority of voters don't vote for a MP that represents them (http://bit.ly/SRVmwP) - my vote was virtually worthless in Heywood and Middleton (http://www.voterpowe...ywood-middleton)

Can't disagree with that.

I'm a Labour man, active in the party and believe me it isn't pretty. The grassroots are withering on the vine to mix gardening analogies, petty squabbles and nonsense are rife, in the 5 years or so I've been involved I think I've had a political discussion about twice and that went over the heads of most of the people at the meeting. I know lots about what suchabody in 1982 which is why we don't like them or why that ward doesn't get any help at election time, more time is spent fighting people within the same party than our political opponents. There is a massive disconnect between the wards and constituencies and the national party and Westminister.

It makes me bang my head against the wall at times. I've getting stick for ordering 170 Christmas raffle tickets for £20, if we sell 21 tickets we're in profit and that profit goes to the ward to buy :censored:y leaflets and posters to fight the next council elections.

And then I watch Gove, Cameron, Osborne and Grayling's speeches at their conference and I remember why I give up my time and do what I do. Labour are far, far from perfect but despite their many faults I would rather have our shower in office than the tories. I think I'm actually more anti-tory than I am pro-Labour and I see Labour as the best chance of stopping the tories doing what they want to do.

AFAIK isn't there preliminary hearings before a full blown tribunal takes place, to see wether there is a case to answer?

Maybe, it's at that stage that things should be looked at more thoroughly.

This is correct, we had a lawyer full time on it for weeks (this also means that a judge is working full time on it at the taxpayers' expense). Some of the wilder stuff was taken out then. It still left 900 pages in the evidence bundle, and the tool of a lawyer was trying all sorts of new things to try and prove racism which they didn't want to strike out.

This is correct, we had a lawyer full time on it for weeks (this also means that a judge is working full time on it at the taxpayers' expense). Some of the wilder stuff was taken out then. It still left 900 pages in the evidence bundle, and the tool of a lawyer was trying all sorts of new things to try and prove racism which they didn't want to strike out.

I'm quite happy for a judge to be employed to consider such cases. Just because you won the case doesn't mean it should never have been heard.

Guest Scratch2000uk

If it got past the stages of case management and the preliminary hearings, there must have been a case to answer, or a reasonable chance of success, else it would have been thrown out.

It's not unknown for an employer to act unreasonably when sacking someone, and nor is it unreasonable for an employee to try and add weight to their claim,when bringing it, If that ( in your case ) involves someones colour, or if it ever involves ethnicity/religion/gender/sexual preference,etc then you can see why a lawyer might add that as a causual/contributing factor. After all, most laweyrs are :censored:.

I'm quite happy for a judge to be employed to consider such cases. Just because you won the case doesn't mean it should never have been heard.

The judge in the actual case did say that there was no hope of winning the case when he gave the ruling. The benefit of the doubt of course goes to the claimant in terms of striking things out.

If it got past the stages of case management and the preliminary hearings, there must have been a case to answer, or a reasonable chance of success, else it would have been thrown out.

It's not unknown for an employer to act unreasonably when sacking someone, and nor is it unreasonable for an employee to try and add weight to their claim,when bringing it, If that ( in your case ) involves someones colour, or if it ever involves ethnicity/religion/gender/sexual preference,etc then you can see why a lawyer might add that as a causual/contributing factor. After all, most laweyrs are :censored:.

That's all this particular :censored: cares about. The only case he has won was on a procedural error by us, but the judge flamed him for throwing all the racism :censored:e with no reasonable basis, so we are still claiming most of award back in costs as we were forced to defend charges that were wholly mud-slinging. In the recent case it also went against them that they made some extremely weak reference to ageism and sexism that they never followed through with.

Some you win; some you lose. What is your problem with due process? We know your employer has a problem with it, but what is your personal problem? Same question for Zorrro. I'm off to find me headphones...

The process is rubbish. Even if the claimant wins it can take them a year.It should be a matter of the terms of the contract between employer and employee.

• 1 month later...

Raising the initial threshold at the bottom end and reducing the top level which will have a minimal or even perverse level on the take is obviously going to shift the burden towards low earners. I just wish the government would make some spending cuts rather than continuing to print and borrow money.

guyfawk.es/UBAyN5

Discuss

Tories tax low earners less and high earners more than than Labour did in an 09/10 to 10/11 comparison.

In terms of direct tax, its a no brainer really with the income tax threshold going up. Also would the amount of unemployed going up and loss of government jobs at the lower end mean less income tax being collected? On the other hand the increase in indirect taxes (VAT and excise duties) would mean that the poorest are being hit by other means than which are not taken into account.

guyfawk.es/UBAyN5

Discuss

I don't understand those tables at all and I really wish I hadn't clicked on that link - it only encourages the bastard. Teets is right - the data are selective (they could've picked a different year or years; and they probably should've included tax credits).

Raising the initial threshold at the bottom end and reducing the top level which will have a minimal or even perverse level on the take is obviously going to shift the burden towards low earners.

I don't understand that either.