Encrypted pen drive

maddog

Hi Techie Genii,

I've got an encrypted NHS pen drive that seems fine on a couple of Trust computers, and another one at work under a different network. When I try to use it on my laptop at home, the folder opens up ok, but when I double-click on the program, and when it should pop up with a thing asking for the password, I get this instead:

"XXXXX.exe has generated an error and will now close".... and then something about a dump file being saved to temporary files.

So I can't use it. I could just ask IT to sort it, but I may be waiting several months for that. Anyone any ideas at all?

I'm on Windows 7, and have used this drive on this laptop loads of times with no problem.

Cheers!

I think some NHS trusts stop users from using the encrypted USB drives on their own computers especially if there is an issue with the personal computer. It might be worth checking if that's the policy at your trust Maddog.

Edited by rudemedic

I think some NHS trusts stop users from using the encrypted USB drives on their own computers especially if there is an issue with the personal computer. It might be worth checking if that's the policy at your trust Maddog.

It's not against our Trust policy as long as you have antivirus, etc. which I do. As I say, I use it all the time on Trust computers, my own laptop and other laptops or computers with no problem. And it is working fine on all others.

Unfortunately, I'd have to know how it was encrypted first - I'm not sure that's something your techdept would tell you. Is it hardware encrypted etc.

Ummm. Erm. Don't understand the question! :lol:

I'll get them to sort it I think. Ta anyway!