World War Z

Matt

Oh dear. That looks incredibly poor.

PS Ackey, if you don't mind something incredibly derivative, Daniel H Wilson's Robopocalypse isn't a bad version of this; the same story, with the zombies replaced by robots.

Funny, I was listening to this week's Empire Podcast yesterday on my train north and they mentioned that book (as it's also being made in to what sounds like a :censored:ty adaptation) as being worth looking in to... I might get it next week.

Thanks for the tip.

It's an easy read as each chapter is based around a different person/situation meaning that you can pick it up and put it down. On the Road is a harder read, I've tried to read it twice now but never really found its rhythm, I think it's one of those "must reads" which isn't actually all that special.

But I would highly recommend World War Z. There's the first book, the survival guide, but I didn't enjoy that as much.

World War Z is a great book.

I feel this film will be alright (90 mins of war zombie action - what more do you expect from Hollywood) but doesn't seem to link into the book much. Its a mistake to hang the film off one guy like they are doing. Misses the point of the book.

Edited by oafc0000

World War Z is a great book.

I feel this film will be alright (90 mins of war zombie action - what more do you expect from Hollywood) but doesn't seem to link into the book much. Its a mistake to hang the film off one guy like they are doing. Misses the point of the book.

I think it would have been so much better as an HBO 10 episode arch like Band Of Brothers... follow some key people in linked but detached episodes!

• 3 months later...

I think it would have been so much better as an HBO 10 episode arch like Band Of Brothers... follow some key people in linked but detached episodes!

Started the book the other day and I'm about half way through already, great book - and now I understand what you are saying here, Max Brooks has said it himself that "it could never be filmed as it was written"

Started the book the other day and I'm about half way through already, great book - and now I understand what you are saying here, Max Brooks has said it himself that "it could never be filmed as it was written"

Glad you got around to it mate, I genuinely love it. I was going to read it again but I broke the screen on my bloody Kindle!

Given the level of talent moving towards and investment in TV at the moment it just makes it all the sadder that this didn't get to take that path.

Glad you got around to it mate, I genuinely love it. I was going to read it again but I broke the screen on my bloody Kindle!

Given the level of talent moving towards and investment in TV at the moment it just makes it all the sadder that this didn't get to take that path.

About that Kindle, have you tried to talk to Amazon/Kindle support? It's a common occurrence in earlier models and they may send you a new one gratis. Worth a shot.

Oldham fans reading books? I'm shocked ha. In the book are they fast moving zombies like the film?

Not really, 'quislings' could run.

From the trailer it looks like the film will be nothing like the book, although I hope we see the lobo in action.

Not really, 'quislings' could run.

From the trailer it looks like the film will be nothing like the book, although I hope we see the lobo in action.

The film will be a :censored: effort at any other zombie film. I'm still annoyed. :censored:.