Does membership of UKIP make you a danger to children?

opinions4u

Taking it at face value you open up things like Labour Party members being unsuitable foster parents because they clearly can't budget.

Or Tories being struck off the fostering list because they travel first class on trains.

Or Liberals as they never really understood what their principles are and can't provide moral fibre to their offspring.

This is really dangerous territory. At a time where a government minister is saying, paraphrased, "the state should take more kids into care". Which in itself, read at headline level, is downright sinister. What triggers the dawn raid that takes my kids off me?

I know UKIP have one or two cranks among their members, but I'm struggling with this. A political party that wishes to exit the EU cannot be seen as racist for that reason.

Edited by opinions4u

This is a farce, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was something much more sinister underneath and the UKIP thing is a smoke screen. Given the lengths some social workers go to keep children at homes where there is much more danger than mere membership of a right-wing political party. However, Rotherham council are going to look very stupid if it has foster parents who are members of a even more right wing party and they did nothing.