New striker - details tomorrow

Sorry to do this kinda message cos it's irratating. However I've heard a very good whisper to who this new striker is, and cannot (been sworn to secrecy) say. What I will say is no one as guessed right yey and is very unlikely to! may prove to be controversial with some. Anyway I will say if it's true tom when it's announced, however I will add this player is 31.

Peter Thorne? Jack Lester?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie Fowler?

Porter and someone else a good strike pair....suggesting porter is starting then the other must at least have some pace? As Sheridan has highlighted we need pace. Jack Lester i have heard is a similar type of player to Warne does a lot of running and works his ass off but rarely little end product. A friend of mine is a Forest fan and seemed quite dissapointed they have let him go purely for his work ethic...ring any bells?

Porter and someone else a good strike pair....suggesting porter is starting then the other must at least have some pace? As Sheridan has highlighted we need pace. Jack Lester i have heard is a similar type of player to Warne does a lot of running and works his ass off but rarely little end product. A friend of mine is a Forest fan and seemed quite dissapointed they have let him go purely for his work ethic...ring any bells?

Plus the fact that you say it may be quite a dubious one suggests to me that it isnt going to be one of the big names that has been touted around so far. Im usually one of the dubious ones unfortunately but im willing to remain open minded for Shez's sake!

Guest amoweb
Don't think Hartson has any pace

Killen has just rejected a contract with at his club.................. :grin:

Heard a rumour (from a guy in the pub who has been talking to someone from the Chron editorial team) who says we are signing Lee Hughes tomorrow morning. If it is true, I can see why it could be contraversial!

Guest sheridans_world
Heard a rumour (from a guy in the pub who has been talking to someone from the Chron editorial team) who says we are signing Lee Hughes tomorrow morning. If it is true, I can see why it could be contraversial!

NO WAY DID YOU GET HOME THAT FAST

Nope none of them so far suggested is the name I've been given. If it's the guy I've been told, it's defo controversial and if I say ironic you'll understand that bit. I think I'll be right in saying (by a counrty mile) he'll be the most expensive player (in terms of transfer fee's) Latics have ever had!!!!!

Guest sheridans_world
Nope none of them so far suggested is the name I've been given. If it's the guy I've been told, it's defo controversial and if I say ironic you'll understand that bit. I think I'll be right in saying (by a counrty mile) he'll be the most expensive player (in terms of transfer fee's) Latics have ever had!!!!!

See lee Hughes...

I was going to delete your posts but I didnt want to use my powers for evil :grin:

I can understand what the guy in the pub said, but he was a bit Drunk....

Hudson also didn't take the bait from the text, so it may not be Lee Hughes ..

Time will tell