LEE HUGHES......

futchers briefs

Good signing?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hughes a good thing for Latics?

• Yes, 100%
    • Only time will tell, but probably YES
    • No, 100%
    • Only time will tell, but probably NO

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do cretins like this get radio shows.

Because he wrote that wonderful paper The Sun, remember :rolleyes: The guys a :censored:, i always thought football phone-ins had the same principles as football forums, to voice you're opinions fairly, but obviously not!

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Language

I know this is an emotional issue and this guy from Talksport has really stirred things up but....

We want OWTB to be a family site so can you please watch the language.

Thanks

Sorry about that, couldn't think of a better word to describe him :angry:

Will he get changed in a special room beneath the RRE to remind him of old times?

All we need now is a witty chant about not needing to worry about dropping the soap anymore.

Or is Bish Bash Bosh(ell) returning as well.

Oooooo Yeah! :shock::blink:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Lee Bowyer

Johnathan Woodgate

Both players who could have killed a ASIAN lad while fighting outside a club, Both had big Media exposure but they were allowed and accepted to continue to play football ..

I said the exact same thing on the radio, but It wasn't the same apparently because the didn't. Surely it's a racially motivated attack? But, they can play week in week out in the Premiership.

Like my mates just said it's becoming a bigger story than the missing girl in Portugal. Shows how ridiculous it's getting! Just hope we don't back out.

my take on things...

totally agree with most comments regarding the things hes done in the past and the sentence handed down...

but thats britain and the british system for you. it stinks.

as shez world said,if you don't like it ,stand for election and do something about it.

reason 186 why i hate this country.

anyway.

he is nearing the end of his sentence...he has served his punishment served to him.

..and i bet that night of the accident has raced through is head EVERY single time he closed his eyes at lights out...and regretted every time he thought about putting the key in the ignition.

i for one will give him another chance...it has happened,he did time(ok,not long enough,but),and i for one hope he has completely learned about what an idiot he was and the damage to other lives.

he will arrive at latics with a new start,new chance to get his life back on track and hopefully ,get latics on a higher level.he will be clean,fit,and eager.

the guy will most definitely have a different outlook to life after prison...and to be handed a chance by latics will be a huge boost to the guy....

a bold and controversial signing,but i really hope he has learnt and uses that dreadful night as a reminder .

the guys history as a footballer stands high..i hope he can find that form again and we, as football fans,not judges of character and systems of the law,help the guy to feel welcome to the club and help him rebuild his life and career.

johnny punkster esq.

my take on things...

totally agree with most comments regarding the things hes done in the past and the sentence handed down...

but thats britain and the british system for you. it stinks.

as shez world said,if you don't like it ,stand for election and do something about it.

reason 186 why i hate this country.

anyway.

he is nearing the end of his sentence...he has served his punishment served to him.

..and i bet that night of the accident has raced through is head EVERY single time he closed his eyes at lights out...and regretted every time he thought about putting the key in the ignition.

i for one will give him another chance...it has happened,he did time(ok,not long enough,but),and i for one hope he has completely learned about what an idiot he was and the damage to other lives.

he will arrive at latics with a new start,new chance to get his life back on track and hopefully ,get latics on a higher level.he will be clean,fit,and eager.

the guy will most definitely have a different outlook to life after prison...and to be handed a chance by latics will be a huge boost to the guy....

a bold and controversial signing,but i really hope he has learnt and uses that dreadful night as a reminder .

the guys history as a footballer stands high..i hope he can find that form again and we, as football fans,not judges of character and systems of the law,help the guy to feel welcome to the club and help him rebuild his life and career.

johnny punkster esq.

agree 100 %

agree 100 %

I found this from the Grauniad website. It includes some of the Judge's comments on passing sentence. http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1279778,00.html

I reckon it's okay, but I don't buy this "he was in a bad place back then" baloney. Hopefully, he doesn't believe all that carp either.

I found this from the Grauniad website. It includes some of the Judge's comments on passing sentence. http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1279778,00.html

I reckon it's okay, but I don't buy this "he was in a bad place back then" baloney. Hopefully, he doesn't believe all that carp either.

Will - You'll have to let us know when this is debated in Parliament!

Anyway, so we already have the Ginger Winger and now the Ginger Ninja. What are we going to call Paul Scholes?

I hope he believes it, that means his councelling and rehabit has worked and he now shows remorse.

If he did them thinks because he wanted to, then that is worse than him doing those things because he was under the influence of drink and drugs he took to hide away from his problems.

Not everyone can be strong enough to stand up and take on their problems, the correct and accepted way.

I said the exact same thing on the radio, but It wasn't the same apparently because the didn't. Surely it's a racially motivated attack? But, they can play week in week out in the Premiership.

That's the key thing IMO, about the motives. He didn't want to kill the people any more than any of the (probably many) posters on here, in your workplace, relatives etc who have got behind the wheel after having had a drink at some time or another. He made a big mistake and it had terrible consequences, but I don't see that it makes him as morally bad a person as the likes of Bowyer, who tapdanced on a man's head in a city centre and responded as if he was proud of himself.

OK we have heard everyones opinion and generally most people are willing to let it go but some people carry chips on their shoulders over stuff like this, now a scenario for you all

Mr big I am (beginning to dislike him a little but will still support him whilst in a blue shirt) Gregan doesnt take to a "bigger" signing in the team, a bit of friction and before you know it someone says something they regret. Could well back fire in the changing room before we worry about what fans have to say IMO. Now I aint saying Gregan is like that, just from the impression I get he'd probably be the first to get twitchy about it.

But you get what I mean anyway dont you?

:)

OK we have heard everyones opinion and generally most people are willing to let it go but some people carry chips on their shoulders over stuff like this, now a scenario for you all

Mr big I am (beginning to dislike him a little but will still support him whilst in a blue shirt) Gregan doesnt take to a "bigger" signing in the team, a bit of friction and before you know it someone says something they regret. Could well back fire in the changing room before we worry about what fans have to say IMO. Now I aint saying Gregan is like that, just from the impression I get he'd probably be the first to get twitchy about it.

Dave - Gregan played with Hughes at West Brom. Maybe he was instrumental in recommending this signing?

Quite unlikely though seen as Gregan was (i think) his captain at WBA and wouldn't suprised me if he recommended the signing. Although, i get your point.

Guest gillianfn

Not really, can you elaborate a little more... :unsure:

ok ok. Liddell then :lol: Seriously I didnt think about the West Brom connection but its not the point, it could only take for one or 2 of ANY of the squad to pipe up about it and we end up with a back room problem, thats all Im saying.

Apart from that I have no issues with him coming to Oldham and hopefully helping to send us up. Good luck to him I say.

Guest gillianfn
ok ok. Liddell then :lol: Seriously I didnt think about the West Brom connection but its not the point, it could only take for one or 2 of ANY of the squad to pipe up about it and we end up with a back room problem, thats all Im saying.

Apart from that I have no issues with him coming to Oldham and hopefully helping to send us up. Good luck to him I say.

Actually, I am off Mr Liddell - someone please remove his picture from my thingy. Lee Dux said at the dinner "Hey Lids, come here and have your picture taken with Gillian, she adores you" and he shook his head and walked off. How very very rude!