. Their big lad up front (Smith) caused mayhem in the second half and we didn't deal with it.

that OG could have ruined him today, his head could have completely gone but he knuckled down made some important headers in thier box and especially in ours plus clearence off the line and great work rate.

shame he didnt get on the score sheet for us today but well played Matt no critisim for you or any Latics today

he has his use.....but im just not conviced and i want him to do well i really do i just dont think he has enough elemtes to his game,,,,,,,,

a missed sitter against donnie an OG today although he can lay claim to an assist v scunthorpe i just dont think he offers enough, would love to see him knock a few goals in - he does get chances

I don't know. I'm still not convinced he'll make it, but given his last couple of performances I'm increasingly inclined to stick with him up front and to think about a new contract.

Said the same last week after Scunny. Give him a new 2 year deal now.

I don't know what is expected of a 6ft' 7, slow centre forward other than to win headers and knock down the ball to other players, he's hardly going to be Messi is he? He hardly lost a header today at either end and he put their centre halves under all sorts of pressure. He was quick off the mark to get goal side of their centre half for the red card as well. He's not a world beater by any stretch but you get what you see with Smith. There were some sarcastic "wheyyys" in the warm up when he scored which I felt was so petty, give the lad a break. Thought he did his job superbly well today

I don't know what is expected of a 6ft' 7, slow centre forward other than to win headers and knock down the ball to other players, he's hardly going to be Messi is he? He hardly lost a header today at either end and he put their centre halves under all sorts of pressure. He was quick off the mark to get goal side of their centre half for the red card as well. He's not a world beater by any stretch but you get what you see with Smith. There were some sarcastic "wheyyys" in the warm up when he scored which I felt was so petty, give the lad a break. Thought he did his job superbly well today

That was meant as an upboat.

Sorry.

He is an intelligent lad with a level of talent that is limited but much better than u or i He is willing to,learn and has a good attitude. I'd persevere with him and give him another year. His goal scoring ratio to minutes on the pitch is probably as good as most at our level.

Today, unlike the other times we used him, we actually got players around him to get his lay-offs and flick ons.

Furman, on numerous times stood facing Smith and picked the ball up from him and Baxter and Simpson made attempts to run past him meaning he always had 2 options and it worked because I've never seen us keep the ball so often from his touches.

Best we've used him this season and it worked. He isn't a good technical player with his feet, obviously, but in the last few games it's showed that if we use him right he's a big threat to the opposition and their managers have acknowledged it and so have his performances.

Not been a fan of his (much as we'd all like to see him make it), his finishing's poor and his headers can end up anywhere, but he was scaring the crap of out Forest yesterday. I'd forgotten about his clearance off the line at 3-1, pivotal moment in the game, I think we might have collapsed if Forest had pulled it back to 3-2 with 15 minutes left. Fair play to him for playing the full 90 minutes when it looked like his head wound had started bleeding again in the second half. Very impressive.

Playing him as we did against Donny/Crewe - with no-one getting near him ends up with him trying to play a bit and look a little stupid, as for all his effort he'll never be talented with his feet, and it would be interesting to see whether it's him or Bryne who turns best resemble the titanic.

That said, when you play him like yesterday, and get people running behind and looking for his knockdowns you have a great use of his abilities. He needs a goal with his head soon as he could be lethal if Crofty EVER learns to cross from the byeline! But last two games fair play lad. Really good and he's getting there. He needs a bit of schooling by a Steve Howard type player on how to effectively back in to defenders as he is definitely too handsy and instead of backing in he barges in for the side. He can get better but needs people working with him to close down as flogging himself to death up top tires him so much.

Well played Matty - more of the same please!