Windows 8 Issue

alex_balls

Hi, hope someone can help...

recently bought a TOSHIBA Satellite C850D-11Q 15.6" Laptop that is installed with Windows 8. The problem i'm having is that when the trouble and strife is trying to work from home using a CAG key??? she can't log on to her works systems due to an incorrect SSL certificate. But when we had Windows 7 it worked fine. To confirm that it must be W8 that it is the problem, we tried logging in using a friends computer (xp) and it worked and also her IT dept have said its Windows 8 why it wont work but they cant do anything as they wont support home computers, PC World wont help as they dont support work issues.

Anyway the question is, does anyone know a way round this..... if not, what If i went and purchased W7 and removed W8, would 7 work on my laptop seen as it's been set up to work around 8.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting so frustrated with PCW, I demanded the laptop back.

I took it in on a Friday, they said it'll be ready Saturday, so went in Sat oh it'll be Sunday etc etc for a week, zero customer service, appalling in fact, and i'm still none the wiser. Bought the laptop November so not sure i've got any rights to return the laptop??

Like you said.....AVOID at all costs.