got what she deserved?

peanuts

I don't know the facts of the case but is there any suggestion she isn't actually a victim of other more powerful criminals?

Don't really care. The death sentence is ridiculous.

Surprisingly in the case of a Westerner getting caught doing stuff in a foreign country and facing a very stiff (accidental joke there) sentence, there is

Surprisingly in the case of a Westerner getting caught doing stuff in a foreign country and facing a very stiff (accidental joke there) sentence, there is

I just read about this case. Whether she did it on her own or was coerced (as she claims) is immaterial. The prosecution asked for 15 years.

The problem with the death sentence in this case is the judge's motivation (it's politically expedient for him rather than just).

The public demand for retribution is entirely legitimate in certain cases, but not in drugs cases; and I have no problem with penal codes that include the ultimate sanction, as long as no human beings are involved at any stage. They ALWAYS screw it up in this way or that.

• 3 weeks later...

Coerced- with the help of 10,000 fat ones (possibly), I'm sure she would have been living a life that she probably isn't used to had the contraband been successfully smuggled, it wasn't: good, although I think the firing squad is a tad harsh- 25 years imprisonment (that may see her off anyway), I suppose the government didn't want to pay for her upkeep- why should they? :censored:s sake if I had my way there'd be a fair few already bit the lead with another few having their last meal- that'd be :censored: all fancy neither!!