Hall retires!

Guest oa_exile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has had a little assistance from the surgeon but it was money very well spent in my humble opinion. :wub:

*COUGH* very well spent !!!!

Now back on track......

Chris Hall on Sky One THE MATCH versus the Old Pro's could he be the missing forward they crave ?????

Better than Harvey ....

0880-Sid-James-Laughing~Sid-James-Laughi

What an absolute numpty he is!!! :shock: OK he is will never play in the premiership and is highly unlikely he will play in the championship but he could do a job in the lower leagues <_< . I ask you who would like to play football as a job and get paid a very good wage for it? :grin: He's only20 but 10 years down the line when his 'acting career' falls flat on its face and he is working in some dead end jog he WILL have big regrets! :(

rant over!!! :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Chris Hall on Sky One THE MATCH versus the Old Pro's could he be the missing forward they crave ?????

apparantly she is the manager of the old pro's

madam_cyn1.jpg

I reckon there is more chance of seeing him in NOtW with Will Young hanging out of his ring.

Waster.

Retired from pro football at 20?

How can he, or in fact dare he, do it weeks after all those kids (many of whom he will have worked with at some level)had to be told that they are not good enough to make the grade?

One of those kids in a similar position a few years back may have had his head on the block because we thought Hall was worth the time, effort and encouragement in his quest to become a pro footballer.

Our thanks?

He spits in back in our face.

Don't forget either, he willingly took our money whilst prancing around being a Fliping luvvy.

I am Fliping livid about this, and not because I think he is any good. He is/ was crap. How dare he not make the effort though with all the resources we have poured into his development over the years.

hairy palmed fiddler of the highest order and I hope his shadow never ever darkens the door of Oldham Athletic again in any capacity.

Congratulations you lanky streak of half hearted pish. You have just become my most despised footballer ever.

KtF,

Derek.

I'm not sorry to see him go. He never convinced me that he could make the step up to the first team, and since his broken leg I didn't get the feeling his heart was really in it.

Good luck Chris, now let's see if Smalley or Alessandra or Wolfenden has more hunger and can make the grade.

As we're paying tribute here's my all time favourite Chris Hall moment:

As he was warming up on the touchline at King's Lynn the Latics fans started singing 'You Can Leave Your Hat On', referring to his role in the Full Monty. As the fans stopped singing a woman behind me shouted 'You can leave your bloody clothes on as well, Hall'...it's fair to say he looked suitably embarassed. :blush::grin:

I was never one to abuse Hall whilst he played - I always cheered him on as I feel it is our role as supporters to 'support'. I was one of the first chanting 'Feed the Horse and he will score' at that King's Lynn game (and he did), but the 'I am currently a professional footballer' line always bugged me. Mind you, if you looked at the MySpace pages of others at the club, would they all show an attitude fit for a professional footballer? (The answer is no, btw, without mentioning any names)

I know which ones you mean :grin:

They should not be allowed to have myspace pages after the "Chris Hall" calamity. Myspace turned the poor bloke's head. I reckon someone emailed him to tell him that he was a really terrific clothes horse, to make a pun, and that it was only a matter of time before Guy Ritchie, or some other lazy upper-class ouanquere, turns him into the next vinnie jones. Or, perhaps he simply fell in love with seeing his own page on the internet.

People write such awful drivel online, they write some right turd they do. It should be banned. B)

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I reckon someone emailed him to tell him that he was a really terrific clothes horse, to make a pun, and that it was only a matter of time before Guy Ritchie, or some other lazy upper-class ouanquere, turns him into the next vinnie jones.

Maybe he thinks he's the next Thierry Henry! I wouldn't like to pass judgement on the modelling bit, but he had quite a way to go as a footballer! We'll never know.

I'd actually like to think that he wasn't given a choice other than to "retire".

If he wasn't, and the pompous little **** thought that he could dismiss what little talent he had to do what most of us would die to be able to do, then he is beneath contempt.

Maybe he was scared of Hughesy ......

Im shocked he has retired not like hes old got a long way to go, probably couldnt hack it. Dont think he would of made it anyway.

WARNEEEEYYYYY WARNEEEEY bring him back.

Good point. Not 1 contracted striker at the club now. Anyone else worried?

It is also a possibility that he may be in line for joining the cast of Dream Team on Sky.

I also would think he'll be a shoe-in for Graham Taylor's side in the next series of "The Match"!

Dream Team is finished... so he's not going on that... BB insists you live in isolation, so I doubt he's going on that... and I too have heard he may be inline for a Hollyoaks job...

Guest sheridans_world

Would rather have Chris Hall signed on at the moment than no-one. Even if he was a fairly rubbish striker, beats having no-one...

Not sure about that... me and you could turn up and do the job Hall did for us.

Never impressed me with his effort and this has clinched it.

Guy's a chancer who's willing to let what talent he does have go to waste and I'd rather be shot of him and give the youngsters a chance to be honest.

Guest sheridans_world
Not sure about that... me and you could turn up and do the job Hall did for us.

Never impressed me with his effort and this has clinched it.

Guy's a chancer who's willing to let what talent he does have go to waste and I'd rather be shot of him and give the youngsters a chance to be honest.

Hey maybe i could but seriously, given your football skills :grin:

Fair comment, bring back Higginbotham!

This news is just acceptance of something that was evident on the pitch in his positioning, attitude etc - he's not a footballer. Better to realise it now than later. Didn't someone say that Hall only started playing when he was 14? It showed. Perhaps only playing against youths smaller than him and bored blokes in the stiffs he never knew that it could hurt sometimes, his broken leg must have shocked the poor luvvy.

I bet Shez and Philli must be seething, after the years of work and trust they've put into him.