Hall retires!

Guest oa_exile

not many impressed eh??? neither am i !!

the bloke has had opportunities that most of us would die for, and seems to dismiss them as much as a teenager going from one 'phase' to another....

yes he's scored one or two goals for us.... not got us promoted, just saved us a degree of embarrassment IMO...

but i like others think that along the lines there is another that got 'let go' because the club thought that he was a better prospect.. i hope that lad has found something and hasn't had his dreams banished forever!!!

at the end of the day he has stated 'personal reasons' as hid cause for retiring.... it may actually be something else than he thinks he's the next Wesley Snipes!! but seems a tad strange all the same......... broken leg causing damage that cant be sorted???? surely he then can claim compo?? IE (i think?? a PFA pension??) but the club are claiming those rights (the compo that is!) so dont think its an injury...

so who's going to run the book on him being the first latics player to get a BAFTA?????

stick me down for ................ NEVER!!

good riddance, now spend his wages on someone WITH a heart for the game.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he just doesn't like football? It's no fun for anyone having a job you hate, as I'm sure a fair few of us can testify. The fact that we would probably do it for free doesn't change that.

The lad entered the game as a child. He'll have been told over and over what a gift this is to have, so it would be pretty hard to just chuck all that away.

Although I'm not overly happy things have gone the way they have, he'll have had his reasons and I think it's a little shortsighted of some people to be judging him without knowing his thinking. Hopefully he'll find more happiness/success in a more enjoyable (for him) profession.

What an idiot! It is possible to run a modelling career as a sideline, other players do it. Thing is, I think he realised the amount of effort he would have to put in to become a decent footballing pro and weighed it up against posing in front of a camera with women the rest of us would die for. B)

Obviously somebody has been filling his head full of bull while he has been recovering from his broken leg.

Good luck, but don't hold yer breath.

I suspect he "bats for the other side" as it were, and this has had an influence in his decision as well. Remember the stick Justin Fashanu got when he played? Also, as OldhamSheridan said, maybe he just doesn't like football! Seems a damn shame to waste your talent though, most of us lads would give our right......well left arm to play for the 'tics!

I suspect he "bats for the other side" as it were, and this has had an influence in his decision as well. Remember the stick Justin Fashanu got when he played? Also, as OldhamSheridan said, maybe he just doesn't like football! Seems a damn shame to waste your talent though, most of us lads would give our right......well left arm to play for the 'tics!

Really? You think the reason he's packed in professional football is because he's gay? Do me a favour!

Really? You think the reason he's packed in professional football is because he's gay? Do me a favour!

We could even call witnesses to the contrary, were we not such nice polite discreet people!

Anyway, I don't think it would be such a big deal these days even if it were the case. :censored: doesn't get a load of flack as far as I'm aware, and as the Arsenal fans sing, "We're not homophobic, We just hate Cashley Cole!" After the debate we've had about whether Hughes should come here I don't think many of us would have qualms about signing a 30 goal a season just because he liked big cocks rather than ladies bits.

Edited by oa_exile
Name taken out

Hally kinell, dint no u wud actuall go and do it.. i memba u talking 2 me on the way 2 chappel bout how :censored: it was, but dint fink u'd **** it off!! What ya doin with ya life now m8? X
Ashley Kelly of Youth Team meesage to CH on his Myspace.

Hall needs to go out and do a proper days work !!! How old in this numpty 20 yrs old ???? what is crap about training for 2 hours a day and getting paid than most of your mates for 15 hours work a week ??

Flipping fumming !!!!

Im not really wound up about it, as the times I have seen him play in his short Latics career, he hasn't looked like a player who would take the bp faithful by storm. I don't think he had the heart to ever amount to much as a footballer, he never showed enough passion imo ala going into acting.

I am though, very disappointed, as been mentioned before, for shez, philli and anyone else who has put time, effort and money into the kid, only for him to drop out.

Guest oa_exile
Hally kinell, dint no u wud actuall go and do it.. i memba u talking 2 me on the way 2 chappel bout how :censored: it was, but dint fink u'd **** it off!! What ya doin with ya life now m8? X
Ashley Kelly of Youth Team meesage to CH on his Myspace.

Can someone kindly translate that for me :blink:

Hally kinell, dint no u wud actuall go and do it.. i memba u talking 2 me on the way 2 chappel bout how rubbish it was, but dint fink u'd **** it off!! What ya doin with ya life now m8? X

Hally, *expletive* hell. Didn't know you would actually go and do it. I remember you talking to me on the way to Chapel Road (Chappel, deary me) about how *expletive* it was but did not think you would *expletive* it off. What you doing with your life now mate. x

Oddly enough I can't see Mr Kelly checking out fans views of himself on here in the near future. He'd soon be banned :lol:

Hally, *expletive* hell. Didn't know you would actually go and do it. I remember you talking to me on the way to Chapel Road (Chappel, deary me) about how *expletive* it was but did not think you would *expletive* it off. What you doing with your life now mate. x

Oddly enough I can't see Mr Kelly checking out fans views of himself on here in the near future. He'd soon be banned :lol:

Nice translation mate! And you are right, Ashley would be banned in a matter of minutes! <_<

It does bring things into perspective though when reading something like that (and hearing what Ashley is like around Town). While we all sit in judgement of Lee Hughes; Chris Hall etc, you do have to remember that many footballers aren't that bright. Add a lot of free time and lots of money, then it isn't surprising that so many go off the rails.

Guest oa_exile

Cheers Mate ! ^_^