Bury 0-1 Latics - post-match thread (on pitch stuff)

We were quite :censored: again.

Second best first half, much sharper second half. Struggled throughout to pass to each other throughout.

Service to Barnard remains poor, although I don't think he helps himself. Can't believe the free kick we wasted on half time.

Bouzanis - 6 - seemed very hesitant at times. Unwilling to leave the six yard box.

Brown - 6 - ok, but bar one cross from the left offered little going forwards.

Grounds - 6 - steady, but one awful pass that didn't get within 50 yards of a Latics player.

Tarky - 6 - did the basics, but his hoofs were shocking.

M'Voto - 6 - good with the basics but keen to wrestle at times.

Mellor - 6 - poor first half, gave it away very easily. Much better second half.

K Smith - 7 - gave us what little spark we had first half.

Montaño - 6 - showed sparks but didn't find much end product. Interesting niggles with their keeper.

Croft - 8 - effort, commitment, common sense. Needs an overlap buddy. Lee, SHOOT!

Barnard - 5 - thought he offered little.

Simpson - 5 - thought he offered little and should have done more with first half header.

M Smith - 7 - delivered when it mattered.

Millar - 9 - very, very, impressive. Again.

Crofty's reluctance to shoot this afternoon was mind boggling.

It was. But there's still a lack of ownership throughout the team. Nobody prepared to take responsibility and make something happen. Crofts shooting is just a small part of this wider malaise.

Interesting that M'Voto took the armband when Smith went off. I expected it to go to Grounds who LJ sees as a "leader".

Quite harsh in your assessment their o4u.

But too kind on korey smith who is evidently a right back. I think much of the 3 games in centre mid have passed him by.

It was never going to be a classic but thought the effort and enthusiasm was good. The final ball was again poor until the introduction of my new hero.....kirk

Millar was MOM from his cameo.

Bury gave me nothing to be hopeful about in terms of them getting a result on Tuesday night!

Well hopefully now their fate is sealed they may play better.

Funny how relegated teams string a few wins together at the end.

Well one can hope !!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting impact that Smith and Millar have made in the last few games. Do people who have gone to the games think that they've earned starting places on Tuesday?

For me as long as Simpson and Barnard are stretching Yeovil's defence with their running for 60 minutes I'm happy for those two to start with Smith and Millar coming off the bench for the last 30.

As for Korey, with Wes out I think we're putting him in the centre due to necessity.

Croft was my MOM. He wanted it and defended and attacked with effort. Problem goal scoring but who else looked like getting a goal until Smith and Millar arrived. Two very poor teams but Smith and Millar made the difference. Is that a wonderful substitution or the wrong starting 11?

I'd definately like to see Millar start on Tuesday; Smith has done well last couple of games but somehow he seems to do better as an impact sub. The most worrying thing for me recently has been the inability of our midfield to keep the ball, lads - it's not a hot potato, keep hold of the fecking thing!

He nearly didn't play, upset stomach from too many beans in his pre match meal.

No wonder they couldn't wait to get him off the bench.

One for the kids there. I was always Camberwick Green rather than Trumpton. As for Chigley, Chigley can f**k off.

Millar was MOM from his cameo.

Bury gave me nothing to be hopeful about in terms of them getting a result on Tuesday night!

Croft Never shoots.

Would much rather pass or cross. Even the second Smith goal against Liverpool 99% of players would have a shot from 5 yards out.