Craig Rocastle and Paul Edwards

Guest oa_exile
There both suppose to be joining Port Vale according to a Vale fan who posts on another website. Of the two players I don't want either to go, but I could see Edwards goining but not Rocastle

I dont know if this is really true BUT snippets from Vale fans about Rocastle and Edwards.....tomorrow afternoon all with be revealed <_<

Apparantly he is signing for us tomorrow, do you lot know if there is any truth in it and what is he like?

It's pretty reliable mate and it's also common knowledge in Valeland.

I haven't heard about Edwards. There is supposed to be 3 players signing for us tomorrow- Rocastle, Keith Lowe from Wolves (poss on loan) and another- everyone thought it was going to be jj Melligan from Cheltenham but he's signed for Orient. If your man Edwards is a left winger then there may well be some truth in it. What is he like?

Rocastle and Edwards have both this week signed for Port Vale and will be unveiled at a press conference at 2pm Friday afternoon along with Keith Lowe from Wolves.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of rumour our end that Rocastle and Edwards are Vale bound.

Edwards I can understand - we need a left winger, and from what I can tell he's not guaranteed first team football next year.

Rocastle is a strange one because he's under contract. I doubt very much if we can pay a fee so for me I don't see the deal happening.

As for leon. He wants championship football - hence why he turned Brighton down, and when Barnsley looked doomed he turned them down too.

Wouldn't be at all suprised to see him in League One next year though. Latest rumours had Leeds interested I think.

Rocastle is a strange one because he's under contract. I doubt very much if we can pay a fee so for me I don't see the deal happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rocky was available on a free. He did alright when he stepped in, but was hardly anywhere near first choice. Having been at Chelsea, then Sheffield Wednesday could it be that his wages are slightly large, for what you get?

Edwards I can certainly see. I can see Vale offering a first team place. I can see Vale offering more money, because of that.

*memo to John Sheridan*

"Could MR J Sheridan please return to Boundary Park from Holiday ASAP - we appear to be haemorrhaging players. Would greatly appreciate at least 11 senior proffessionals being on the books at the start of august"

And before anyone start the "its early, calm down and chill" thread agin of yesterday - I'm calm, i'm calm I tell you! :sign0068:

As we missed out on Cummings from Bournemouth i'll be surprised if Eddie is allowed to go yet. Although Lomax looks like he could be a reasonable prospect (unless Shez's irons are already burning in the fire!) we would be very thin on left sided players. As for Rocky, I thought he could be a useful squaddie, but again all of this depends upon who we bring in to replace Wellens(if he goes).

All ifs and buts but i think last year, we were even more concerned.......how wrong could we have been.

Elvis is dead, long live the SHEZ.

I think Rocastle will go, he did ok at the end of last season but i don't think he is good enough for a first team spot if we are serious about going up next season. I've never really rated Edwards but he is ok as cover down the left

I think Rocastle will go, he did ok at the end of last season but i don't think he is good enough for a first team spot if we are serious about going up next season. I've never really rated Edwards but he is ok as cover down the left

Very good point regarding Rocky Gemma. I was one of those who needed some convincing after his early performances for us. I still wasn't convinvced at the end of the season, but unless we are thinking of signing 3 midfielders, i think it would be foolish of us to get rid due to cover, bearing inmind how Macca feel wawy a bit in the 2nd half of the season as well.

Good back up to the rumour there Diego, looks like ther'll be no......der der der der der der next year then.

I know who my money is on for first goal in our defeat at Vale Park next season, with all those chavs to our left der der der-ing!! :disappointed:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The rarely wrong Stoke Sentinel says Rocky has been signed by Vale after being released by Latics from the final year of his contract..

http://www.thesentinel.co.uk/displayNode.j...;pNodeId=158418

Here is a quote from the rarely wrong Stoke Seninel's article...

"Rocastle, who is an energetic, box-to-box midfielder, will compete with Robin Hulbert, Paul Harsley and Danny Whitaker for the two central midfield spots next season."

I cant wait to see the Valients faces when they see thier new, energetic, box to box midfielder - as he slouches listlessly, just in front of the back 4!

Think they may have got him confused with macca??? They look so alike???!!!

Very good point regarding Rocky Gemma. I was one of those who needed some convincing after his early performances for us. I still wasn't convinvced at the end of the season, but unless we are thinking of signing 3 midfielders, i think it would be foolish of us to get rid due to cover, bearing inmind how Macca feel wawy a bit in the 2nd half of the season as well.

I agree Macca didn't play well at the end of the season but he proved early on in the season how well he is capable is playing so i think he is a better bet than Rocky. I suppose it all depends on who Sheridan has in mind of bringing in during the next few weeks.

*memo to John Sheridan*

"Could MR J Sheridan please return to Boundary Park from Holiday ASAP - we appear to be haemorrhaging players. Would greatly appreciate at least 11 senior proffessionals being on the books at the start of august"

And before anyone start the "its early, calm down and chill" thread agin of yesterday - I'm calm, i'm calm I tell you! :sign0068:

What a difference 24 hours makes eh Bigfin! Yesterday you were telling me to keep calm and not panic as there was no activity in the lower leagues. The only activity seems to be us losing half our squad! :grin:

What a difference 24 hours makes eh Bigfin! Yesterday you were telling me to keep calm and not panic as there was no activity in the lower leagues. The only activity seems to be us losing half our squad! :grin:

Touche my friend....!! as my post says, I am still reasonably calm... however, I feel the statement Shez said was that we need 5 new players on top of our squad of last season.... so now we need to replace these guys, and still find that quality five....

Since he made that statement... we have lost (in theory)... Owen, Edwards, Rocky, Hall, prob will lose, Wellens & Haning, I'd also be very shocked if Woody ever kicks a ball in anger for us again .... and then Ports is on the balance.... plus then you could include the players released... Charlie, Warney & Blaney

So that makes 6/7 direct replacements needed (minimum), with only Hughes on his way in (again in theory) PLUS the 5 quality additions....

12 new players before the start of the season..... as i say mate, i'm relaxed, its do-able, i trust Shez, and at least he has a clean slate.... but makes you sweat a little eh???

KTF!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Guest sheridans_world

Bye Bye Rocky???

Duo agree Vale deals

Friday Jun 08 2007 11:06

Port Vale boss Martin Foyle has agreed deals with Oldham Athletic midfielder Craig Rocastle and Wolves defender Keith Lowe.

Rocastle has agreed a two-year contract and Lowe a 12-month loan deal.

Foyle told the Stoke Sentinel: "Craig is a player I've watched for a while now. He's a good age and has a good attitude.

"Although he had a year left at Oldham, they've said they won't stand in his way.

"He played in the play-offs for Oldham and I thought he was their man-of-the-match in the second leg of the semi-final against Blackpool.

"Lowe is a solid centre-half, can head the ball and will die for the cause. He will stick his foot in, is quick and also wants to learn."

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Think someone should tell Latics???

*Memo to JS Sheridan*

*Please Note That we have signed Craig Rocastle, we know he was contracted to you but we dont care.*

*Yours*

*Martin Foyle*

*Manager Port Vale*

Looking at this another way, as I think that both are well worth having as squad players at our level, it means we should be very optimistic about the quality of replacements we are getting in.

There, a three quarters full glass :)

*Memo to JS Sheridan*

*Please Note That we have signed Craig Rocastle, we know he was contracted to you but we dont care.*

*Yours*

*Martin Foyle*

*Manager Port Vale*

*Reply to Martin Foyle Memo*

*It is OK. I know. I said he could go. I don't care either, that is why I said he can go.*

*The girl in the club shop will sign the fax on my behalf*

*Yours*

*John Sheridan*

*Manager Oldham Athletic*

Oh dear. Gutted? You betcha. Rocky was quality and anyone at Swansea this season will tell you the same. The amount of numpties on his back from the word go was a disgrace. Swansea away when he finally had a following who would back him, we FINALLY saw what he was capable of. If only it could of been like that every week, instead of people still getting on his back.

Blackpool away in the playoffs he was the single cause why we were on top for the first half an hour or so, until they hit us on the break.

Good Luck Rocky. :disappointed: