That London - hotel recommendations?

kirinclassic

Hello all,

I'll be flying into London with my wife and two kidz (4 and 3) to spend a couple of days in London before training it up to spend my summer holibobs in Shaw & East Crompton. Lucky me. My question is if any of you can recommend a family-friendly hotel in a decent location (getting from Heathrow, getting to King's Cross(?)). Any suggestions much appreciated.

KC

Hello all,

I'll be flying into London with my wife and two kidz (4 and 3) to spend a couple of days in London before training it up to spend my summer holibobs in Shaw & East Crompton. Lucky me. My question is if any of you can recommend a family-friendly hotel in a decent location (getting from Heathrow, getting to King's Cross(?)). Any suggestions much appreciated.

KC

Avoid Shaw.

You'd be going from Euston, not King's Cross, not that there is far between them. My folks were happy with a place they stayed in by Euston when they came down last and my mum can generally find a fault, I will check where it was and let you know.

Avoid Shaw.

You'd be going from Euston, not King's Cross, not that there is far between them. My folks were happy with a place they stayed in by Euston when they came down last and my mum can generally find a fault, I will check where it was and let you know.

No COMMENT :coffee1:

Hello all,

KC

Please see below some links to London hotels that I have stayed at, I hope you find something good, and have a good time when you are over in London.I’ve put some of my opinions against them too.

Thistle City Barbican

This is a little out of the centre, but a 10 minute walk from Old Street tube station.

The hotel itself is very good, clean, and they often do 30 or 50% offers, if you book early. If you do stay here, ask for a room in the main building. There is a swimming pool and a gym in the basement, which is free to use for hotel guests.

http://www.thistle.com/hotels/united_kingdom/london/thistle_city_barbican/index.html?tmcampid=5&tmad=c&tmplaceref=ggl2_thl_1474&trkid=V1ADW175333-1344420206-k-thistle%20city%20barbican-5646784586-e-s&gclid=CPWo7ISmhbQCFbMbtAodU1EA7A

St Giles Hotel

This is very close to all the theatres and Oxford Street, one of the main shopping streets. It’s large (900+ rooms), though less personal than the Thistle.

The rooms are also smaller, but clean and comfortable.

They also do reduced priced offers if you book in advance.

There is a YMCA pool and gym in the basement, but you will need to pay £5 per visit for this, it is very big with lots of facilities.

http://www.stgiles.com/

Premier Inns is a chain, and there are several hotels in London. Always clean and comfortable, you will need to book in advance to get the best rates.

http://www.premierinn.com/

If you can get on Priceline 'Name Your Own Price' over there then try it out. We got the Kensington Marriott for £65 a night. You name your max price for a certain area and star rating and the site goes out to hotels to see if anyone accepts the price.

Try Trivago website I always use that it comes up with all london hotels by district and has the best prices from all of the reputable hotel websites and routes out the cheapest prices for you.

I alwayslike to stay in Mayfair a bit pricey but if you book well in advance you can get some good deals. Very family friendly aswell and slap bang in the middle of Londonfor all the attrations and 5 mins walking distance from Green park and Bond Street tube stations that get you anywhere.

Janet

I always use Premier Inn, book them early enough and there's usually decent deals to be had. Staying 3 nights at the new one above the new Westfield Mall near the Olympic Park in Stratford August Bank Holiday weekend. Family of four they do a great deal on breakfast, kids eat free and another good deal on a three course dinner - room, meals the lot for under £300.

I always use Premier Inn, book them early enough and there's usually decent deals to be had. Staying 3 nights at the new one above the new Westfield Mall near the Olympic Park in Stratford August Bank Holiday weekend. Family of four they do a great deal on breakfast, kids eat free and another good deal on a three course dinner - room, meals the lot for under £300.

And available via PlayerShare WebShop!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Premier&order=alpha&page=A

Have booked the Stratford one when in London with work through player share

£75 with breakfast Was worth it, walk through Westfield shopping centre too, massive, to get there

Great value, though a bit of a trek on the tube. You can get to it on the high speed train from st pancras though, first stop, no more than 10 mins

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your kind replies. Some good info there.

However, after some mooching around on the internet, I've decided (it's my hard earned, after all), to avoid Dodge. 3 decent nights with the family in tow would set me back a grand, at a conservative estimate. For what? With kidz 4 and 2, they'll not remember a thing, and I doubt the wife would let me saunter out at night. So I'm just gonna book a cross-town taxi to Euston, ride a cheap virgin, get up north and avoid the plague.

Kudos to any Latix that live in That London, but it ain't for me, not even for a day.

Thanks again, all,

KC

However, after some mooching around on the internet, I've decided (it's my hard earned, after all), to avoid Dodge. 3 decent nights with the family in tow would set me back a grand, at a conservative estimate. For what? With kidz 4 and 2, they'll not remember a thing, and I doubt the wife would let me saunter out at night. So I'm just gonna book a cross-town taxi to Euston, ride a cheap virgin, get up north and avoid the plague.

Kudos to any Latix that live in That London, but it ain't for me, not even for a day.

Thanks again, all,

KC

Sensible.

Thanks again, all,

KC

Remember to book the Virgin via PlayerShare WebShop. It helps support Latics!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin+trains&order=alpha&page=A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...