Phobia's

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Mouse thing at Blackers is evil. It scared the proverbial out of me - screamed all the way round, and came off with a million bruises!

i hate rides but i loved that and the grand national thing and valhalla

the other modern rides are too bad for me!

The Nemesis at Alton Towers doesn't scare me but them rickerty old ones at Blackpool Pleasure Beach do, especially the Grand National at the bit where that Low Beam comes into play, not only do they travel down the track they also move side to side

I'd do the one at Blackpool all day everyday.... but the same one at Brighton ..on the Pier ..never never never again !!!

I'd go on any ride whatsoever.........except rotators (waltzers, twisters etc) they make me place my stomach on the outside of my body.

You should send your lot on and then tell the 'gypo' who spins them round that they keep calling him a 'pikey c***'.

Best Waltzer they will ever go on. Especially if you force them to eat just before they go on. :shock::grin:

Only 'real rollercoaster' i've had to change my trousers for was a crappy thing in Ayia Napa. It was in two parts which looked like rocket ships, they just spun round in a circle and it went on for about 10 minute's as there was no queue and they saw no point in letting us off. You were either 70 feet in the air looking down or 10 feet off the ground facing up. Wasnt very nice when they kept us up at the top for ages. Worst of all was there was no seat belts. All there was, was a rickity old door bolted in. Did I feel secure? Did I Balls. Been on something similar at Rochdale Town Hall fair years ago which wasnt that much safer. I think I lost about £12 in change on that.

At Uni I had a friend who was so afraid of sick, she's have a panic attack - and be sick... you shouldn't laugh... but man we'd have some fun when she freaked out... it was that line of funny which you think you should help stop 'cause it's mean.... but also you want to keep going as you've never seen something which makes you laugh so hard!

Personally, I've not got any seriously bad phobias, but I'm not a fan of heights, hair on the floor (strangely, I can cope at a hair dressers where it's in piles... I just can't stand it when its like tumble-weeds), roller coasters (mainly due to the height thing) and needles.

Just realised something else that truly terrified me - the stewards at Yeovil...

I have honestly never seen a group of more inbred yocals in my entire life..... they genuinely looked as if they were from the Texas chansaw massacre, i'm sure one of them was wearing someone elses face.... they were all mutants....

I'm not scared of moths but I really dislike them. A year or two ago I managed to slap one which appeared right in front of my eyes, the sod went straight for my face, in my haste to get it away I somehow managed to force it up my nostril in quite a few separate bits. Not something I'd recommend.

Now cockroaches, there's something to be really scared of. I spent some time in the Philipines when I was a kid, they are proper evil ones over there. Urrgghhhhh.

I am not telling you either of mine as you will think I am more freaky than most of you already do.

Those that inhabit the real BT will already know what brings me to the point of puking because I so phobic about the inanimate stuff.

I actually let someone watch me touch what it was in Asda once, needless to say then ran off laughing whilst I was stood there wretching.

KtF,

Derek.

I

I actually let someone watch me touch what it was in Asda once, needless to say then ran off laughing whilst I was stood there wretching.

KtF,

Derek.

in asda? what can be frightening

in asda ? marmite ? give us a clue is it fruit ,veg or meat?

Edited by boboafc

Being sober, Sav? :wink:

I have been sober for a FEW days now,so not that.Thinking about it though when we played Barrow in the F.A cup a few years back, driving to the ground in unlit streets was pretty scary.......Made Royston Vasey look like Disneyland.

Wilsons phobia...... a mirror

Edited by oafc2004

It's polystyrene. Weirdo. And it's strange Gillian ran off laughing, being as sympathetic as she is! :wink:

i cant stand the scraping of ice........... ie when you take summat from the freezer.. defrost your windscreen in the winter etc etc.......aaargh it's going through me now just thinking about it!!!

i have to get the wife in to get me anything from the freezer, i'm ok with ice...it's just the scraping...aaaarrrggghh

weird or what???

It's polystyrene. Weirdo. And it's strange Gillian ran off laughing, being as sympathetic as she is! :wink:

Oi, I've got the polystyrene one. Not a fear as such, but the noise goes through me. I just have to leave the room when someone has some. It makes unpacking a new widescreen TV a real battle of wits.

Petrified of Spiders though. I have an anti-spidery device which lowers the number (well, the amount of time they spend in the house), and a Dyson has been a welcome addition to the household. The main problem is I know they are in my shed. Where the lawn mower is. So I have an extra-ordinarily long lawn at the moment.

Now you see I wouldn't have spilled the beans DW.

I can't stand enclose spaces indoors when they are packed, like shopping centres at Crimbo etc, or pubs or owt like that, for example in that bar at Plainmore a few seasons back, went in, not too busy had a couple of guinness, but them the crowds started gathering and it got fuller and fuller I could feel the cold sweat on the back of neck, urrgghhhhhh had to get out. Crowds outside don't seem to bother me. Oh and dogs, can't be doing with dogs full stop, make me nervous.

Worst thing is about phobias is they are mostly irrational but yet other folk take delight in taking the pish, even though they have their own mad fears. I used to work for a bloke we had offices on a farm, converted out buildings, the mad sheep dog they had I didn't like one bit, he used to take the pish in the extreme. Anyway he let slip that bridges freaked him out, driving over them that is. If he was out on the road and was doing Humberside he go to Grimsby and drive all the way around to go to Hull rather than take the bridge. So I got my revenge eventually. We had to go to Kent for a meeting, I said I'd drive, totally bottled it when the Dartford crossing BIG BRIDGE came into site, shook like a leaf as we went over, obviously I kept to the speed limit, 30mph :) in the slow lane so we had a good view of the drop to the river.

I know what you mean about crowds in enclosed spaces, Stipe. And dogs too!

Just remembered another one - obviously-pregnant women make me really nervous! It's just sort of 'I've had sex and a human is about to pop out of a little hole, thus tearing me in two......and I can't wait!' What's that all about!? :blink: