London Museums

Thanks for all this help. Suffice to say, in our four days we didnt fit any of the above in!!! The previous help with Oyster was great tho, is it true that boris johnson came up with that idea? The mind boggles!

They should be called Ken Cards. Just like the bikes should be called Ken Bikes. Boris had nothing to do with them...oh wait. No. Boris sold the sponsorship rights to Barclays for :censored: all in a closed bidding process featuring only Barclays.

I believe the Oyster card is based on the Octopus card of Hong Kong and its intro to Nodnol Village was pre-Boris becoming London Mayor.

More importantly, its coming up here.

Really? Makes sense with our ever expanding tram network. Love how Old Trafford is now only a ten minute walk from my house (via a 20min tram ride of course!)

They should be called Ken Cards. Just like the bikes should be called Ken Bikes. Boris had nothing to do with them...oh wait. No. Boris sold the sponsorship rights to Barclays for :censored: all in a closed bidding process featuring only Barclays.

Ahhh. Not a big ken fan either, but that does make more sense.

TfL had a hell of a fight expanding Oyster to the overground lines they don't run, as the train companies didn't want to swallow the cost of installing gates or the lost revenue from penalty fares.

And at the moment I think they're looking at doing away with the actual Oyster cards and somehow getting the functionality into normal bank cards (like the Barclaycard Pulse).

Edited by Crusoe

TfL had a hell of a fight expanding Oyster to the overground lines they don't run, as the train companies didn't want to swallow the cost of installing gates or the lost revenue from penalty fares.

And at the moment I think they're looking at doing away with the actual Oyster cards and somehow getting the functionality into normal bank cards (like the Barclaycard Pulse).

With an alleged close bidding process too? :wink:

My son is already saving for our return. Think we will do a one nighter when we play a london away, so hopefully leyton orient away last game again please!

Had a couple of great Mum free weekends with o4u Jr at London away games. Mind you, the hotel rooms were paid for by reward schemes linked to work travel.

I have to say seeing someone tap their bank card to get on the bus blew my mind. Technology, eh?