EDL Trying To Incite a Riot in Oldham

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it quite sad that this thread, (a non thread really as the story wasn't even true) has had more people up in arms against a far right group, and yet most of those people have said nothing in the R.I.P thread for the poor soldier murdered by some even bigger :censored:, well done!

I'd like to bet everybody posting on this thread has given their condolences on another medium or feel that they don't have to share it publicly to be able to express an opinion on a different topic. This thread is about the EDL stirring to create violence in Oldham....

The man doing the Nazi salute outside the war memorial yesterday during those protests tells you everything you need to know about how Help for Heroes has disassociated itself with the EDL...

Edited by NewBlue

Guest Scratch2000uk

And Rummy wouldn't know either would he? unless you and the others had already told him, So that argument is bollocks anyway.

No high horses here Jim i'm afraid, far from it, I would have thought a community forum would be an excellent place to pay respect to a local lad murdered by extremists, wrong again. :censored: me, the upboat button didn't even get used .

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'd like to bet everybody posting on this thread has given their condolences on another medium or feel that they don't have to share it publicly to be able to express an opinion on a different topic. This thread is about the EDL stirring to create violence in Oldham....

The man doing the Nazi salute outside the war memorial yesterday during those protests tells you everything you need to know about how Help for Heroes has disassociated itself with the EDL...

I don't need a lesson from anyone on here about how scummy the EDL are.

Guest Scratch2000uk

The soap dodging :censored: on the other side of the police line are just as bad, but I don't see anyone condemning their actions.

Don't the public sector unions donate union subs to aid their actions. :grin:

The thing with the EDL is they say they are a 'Defence' league. How are they defending anything by going in a pub and chanting songs. : that was the thing that lit my blue touch paper, I really was disgusted after that, similar to BH Monday and the march to DS from Leics Sq.

Really embarrassing. Just seem to be football fans who can't afford to go the football anymore.

They did however help produce one of the greatest music videos of the last 20 years and highlight the importance of auto tune. Search muslamic ray guns on youtube if you haven't seen it already. That is the kind of people you are dealing with. : oh Lord!

Abu Hamza vs Tommy Robinson - there's not a fag paper between them. Both use hate propaganda to fuel their extremist views.

Young impressionable people are being 'groomed' into hate and they have no idea why.

This poor lad can barely make any coherent argument, but that's not fair. It's not fair that the EDL use boys and girls just like him for their own means. I listen to this and I hear a confused young man who needs to think about the consequences, to read other points of view, and to listen to a rational discussion about what all this means.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/can-you-join-the-edl-and-not-be-racist-listen-72710

Guest Scratch2000uk

Abu Hamza vs Tommy Robinson - there's not a fag paper between them. Both use hate propaganda to fuel their extremist views.

Young impressionable people are being 'groomed' into hate and they have no idea why.

This poor lad can barely make any coherent argument, but that's not fair. It's not fair that the EDL use boys and girls just like him for their own means. I listen to this and I hear a confused young man who needs to think about the consequences, to read other points of view, and to listen to a rational discussion about what all this means.

http://www.lbc.co.uk...st-listen-72710

Something we agree on Rummy. :grin:

I do think the Islamists and the EDL are as bad as each other, What's the solution? stop the EDL demonstrating? Shut the islamists up? fat chance of that happening.

The OP mentioned that the Times had printed what turned out to be a lie/tweet made up by some EDL knob, and it just got me thinking the media :censored:ing love this kind of :censored:e, just like they loved hacking phones and bribing cops. To me, The Times might just have well said, Just in case you don't do twitter or facebook, or you haven't been on your local community forum, We'll print it for you, just so you don't miss out on some hate fuelling gossip. I do think sometimes, why on earth do they give these extremists groups any air time at all. I'm sure if all the publicity wore off, we would half the problem.

I do think the Islamists and the EDL are as bad as each other, What's the solution? stop the EDL demonstrating? Shut the islamists up? fat chance of that happening.

The OP mentioned that the Times had printed what turned out to be a lie/tweet made up by some EDL knob, and it just got me thinking the media :censored:ing love this kind of :censored:e, just like they loved hacking phones and bribing cops. To me, The Times might just have well said, Just in case you don't do twitter or facebook, or you haven't been on your local community forum, We'll print it for you, just so you don't miss out on some hate fuelling gossip. I do think sometimes, why on earth do they give these extremists groups any air time at all. I'm sure if all the publicity wore off, we would half the problem.

Printed media's main aim is to sell papers - and the general public love scandal, disaster, and hate, we lap it up.

On the subject of their publicity, there's a part of me that says give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves...

Guest Scratch2000uk

Printed media's main aim is to sell papers - and the general public love scandal, disaster, and hate, we lap it up.

On the subject of their publicity, there's a part of me that says give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves...

They have already hung themselves though Rummy, yet these muppets are still making headlines.

They have already hung themselves though Rummy, yet these muppets are still making headlines.

Back to my first point Scratch, it sells papers? They don't give a toss.

I notice that Newsnight cancelled an interview with Tommy Robinson today, fair play.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I notice that Newsnight cancelled an interview with Tommy Robinson today, fair play.

I get that, Doesn't stop it pissing me off though,

Appologies to anyone I pissed off the other day, I took it out on the wrong people, sorry. :blush:

Give them enough rope... He's got a right to be on there. Facebook has proved how many people have got it wrong for me but in the current climate, he's the voice of 'the people'.

Sometimes organisations such as the EDL make politicians sit up and listen to what people are saying. This doesn't mean I agree with what the EDL stand for, just that on odd occasions the representatives of 'the people' should act as just that. Maybe then certain groups and leaders would never surface in the first place.

Theses morons do not represent me or the vast majority of the UK, nor do they say anything that is worth sitting up for or listening to - so I can only assume that 'the people' are the supporters of the arsepipe EDL themselves. The only impact the likes of these :censored:wit groups make are negative ones. Threatening businesses, threatening to injure or kill innocent bystanders no matter what you look like, threatening to drag 'islamic looking children' out of schools and 'bleed them out' in the street, threatening to bomb, threatening to persecute, the Jewish conundrum has got them all in a pickle, and they've selectively forgotten about their Irish Republican leadership - I hope nobody sits up and listens to be :censored:ing honest with you.

Representatives of 'the people' are the politicians, not the EDL. I also said 'organisations such as the EDL' not directly the EDL. Can I ask, who do you trust to do correctly by you and your country? I don't see anyone at the moment. What I do see is industry in decline, manufacturing outsourced, a health service and benefit system buckling under the weight of immigration and poorly run departments.

Fair play Scratch!!!

I'm not a fan of the medias sensationalist reporting and I think they often do the job of spreading fear etc, better than the extremists themselves. Though I don't see the Times article as fueling hate/gossip, but hopefully limiting it.

Nice to see Lee Rigby's parents stepping forward to appeal for calm and not carry out reprisals by the way. This sort of hateful, misguided, anti-islamic :censored:e bubbling to the fore lately must horrify them when at the end of the day they've yet to bury their son.

I guess it's too much to ask for plantpots like the EDL and general racist twonks to consider anything outside their own :censored:ing box mind.

Scratch2000uk: Spot on by the way regarding the tabloids, right wing papers etc.

Representatives of 'the people' are the politicians, not the EDL. I also said 'organisations such as the EDL' not directly the EDL. Can I ask, who do you trust to do correctly by you and your country? I don't see anyone at the moment. What I do see is industry in decline, manufacturing outsourced, a health service and benefit system buckling under the weight of immigration and poorly run departments.

No, you said that "Sometimes organisations such as the EDL" - let's say, the EDL - "make politicians" let's assume those in a position of political power to make a change, Labour/Tory for the sake of argument - "sit up and listen to what people are saying" - so who are the people? Isn't :censored:ing me. Organisations such as these EDL cuntrods do not speak for me. So I can presume that 'the people' are the supporters of the EDL. All I hear from organisations like the EDL is threatening businesses, threatening to injure or kill innocent bystanders no matter what you look like, threatening to drag 'islamic looking children' out of schools and 'bleed them out' in the street, threatening to bomb, threatening to persecute, burning mosques and generally being the direct opposite of the "Islamic" fundamentalists, and yet just as :censored:ing bad.

Terrorists rummy, they're all terrorists. They use terror to put across their point. They either can't or won't sit down and discuss their issues. Just because they don't represent you, or me for the record, doesn't mean they don't represent somebody. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, whatever the cause good or bad.