Game of Thrones *Spoiler Alert*

Oafc88

******Do not continue to read if you have yet to watch Episode 9, Season 3 (tonights episode 3/6/13) or other earlier bits of Game of Thrones. Spoilers will be mentioned so if you're yet to get into it but intend to at some point best give this thread a miss as it's worth the surprise********

So what do you make of that epsiode?

Having read the books and just watched the new episode tonight (online) I'm curious to gauge reaction as i feel it will be a stronger one than when ol' Edd had his head lopped off!

I wasn't looking forward to this episode as i knew what was going to happen and having watched still feel gutted it's happened! Did anyone see it coming who has only watched the tv show?

I haven't watched any of season three yet, but I'm almost finished reading A Feast for Crows. How did the TV show handle the events which you allude to?

It handled them reasonably well I think, the build up was there and for non-book readers I imagine it lulled them into a false sense of security as the earlier parts of the episode around the wedding were light-hearted before the sucker punch (and saying that i feel bad as it's quite literally a sort of sucker punch!).

I remember reading the original bit in the book and having to re-read the chapter a few times to let it sink in as to what had happened haha

Watched it last night. I heard lots of stuff that eluded to something big, without actually working out what. Shocking but at the same time I have found the victims quite irritating and brought in on themselves. I applaud the fact that the characters aren't bullet proof so to speak.

I read the first book before watching the three series. I may read the 4th book prior to the next series.

In the books they don't kill Rob's wife do they?

Thing that annoyed me was how easy they killed the wolf when in the book it took out about 20 of them before they put it down.

Them Bolton's are bad bastards. Them and the Frey's are the Man United fans of old switching sides when things look bad.

In the books they don't kill Rob's wife do they?

Thing that annoyed me was how easy they killed the wolf when in the book it took out about 20 of them before they put it down.

Them Bolton's are bad bastards. Them and the Frey's are the Man United fans of old switching sides when things look bad.

Nope Rob's wife is left behind at Riverrun.

Yeah there's a couple of book-to-show changes they made I think they could have kept with some slight alterations but i've not been as fussy about them like a lot of people. I think some stuff they had to change as it just won't translate well onto tv.

And there's one Bolton Bastard I can't wait to see get what is coming to him! (Though yet to see it in the books!)

Edited by Oafc88

Nope Rob's wife is left behind at Riverrun.

Yeah there's a couple of book-to-show changes they made I think they could have kept with some slight alterations but i've not been as fussy about them like a lot of people. I think some stuff they had to change as it just won't translate well onto tv.

And there's one Bolton Bastard I can't wait to see get what is coming to him! (Though yet to see it in the books!)

Yeah the Bolton Bastard is a phenomenal character.

The Gendry story in the TV show has annoyed me. They have merged his character with Eddric Storm which will result in mass confusion the further on we go.

Can't wait for the next book. No real clues have been given about when it is out either.

Yeah the Bolton Bastard is a phenomenal character.

The Gendry story in the TV show has annoyed me. They have merged his character with Eddric Storm which will result in mass confusion the further on we go.

Can't wait for the next book. No real clues have been given about when it is out either.

I didn't think i could hate anyone more than Joffery but the Bastard wins it!

Yeah Gendrys story isn't ideal but i understand the decision to merge them. Like a lot of the minor characters there's just too many (even though quite a few have significant parts to play) to transition to tv and not confuse regular tv only viewers!

Yeah can't wait for the next book, i doubt now with the tv show and the massive interest in the series itself that he'll wait as long as he did with the last book. I wonder what the end will be as there has never really been an end in sight. I imagine it's going to be a final battle between the Others an those currently at the wall with Danys dragons figuring in somehow!

Did anyone see it coming who has only watched the tv show?

Yes. Although I didnt suspect that it was a Lanister plot, I just though that crazy paedo chap had done it off his own back. I havent read the books, but Im considering reading them now. The problem for me is I'm 2/3rds of the way through Steven Erikksons saga, so it may be a while.

Yes. Although I didnt suspect that it was a Lanister plot, I just though that crazy paedo chap had done it off his own back. I havent read the books, but Im considering reading them now. The problem for me is I'm 2/3rds of the way through Steven Erikksons saga, so it may be a while.

The books are really good. Been left on a cliff hanger at the end of the last one though so I need the new one to get published pretty quickly.

The books are really good. Been left on a cliff hanger at the end of the last one though so I need the new one to get published pretty quickly.

I know and what a cliffhanger, similar to the Red Wedding for me, I had to re-read a couple of times again for it to sink in! What a bastard he is that Martin! New one is scheduled for release next summer but considering how long his last book took to release after years of potential relase dates I'm not holding my breath.

You definitely should they compliment the Tv show really well (or if you have read the books first then that's the other way round) aside from a few minor character/plot changes.

Are the Erikkson books much cop? I need some new books to get into.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are the Erikkson books much cop? I need some new books to get into.

Not tried Erikkson but I'm on book 5 of Joe Abercrombie's books. First 3 are a trilogy, then there are three stand alone stories which still feature many of the same characters. Excellent reading.