Playstation 4 v Xbox One

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which corner of rivalry will you join?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Both Consoles
    • Neither
    • Undecided

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither. Not impressed. I've previously owned a PS2 and Xbox 360 but the new Xbox has put me right off. If GTA V and Saints Row IV work on my 360 I won't bother upgrading. (At least until the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls come out and I change my mind.)

GTA V is DEFINITELY current-gen, so no worries there, Crusoe.

I won't be buying a next-gen console 'til next year at the earliest. Let everyone else find the faults and allow time for the software developers to get to grips with the new hardware first. Standard approach to new consoles.

Neither. Not impressed. I've previously owned a PS2 and Xbox 360 but the new Xbox has put me right off. If GTA V and Saints Row IV work on my 360 I won't bother upgrading. (At least until the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls come out and I change my mind.)

Double post. :censored: it.

It'll be a while before there's a new Elder Scrolls game - there was five years between Oblivion and Skyrim, AND TES Online is due for release soon, so Bethesda's resources will be stretched enough. Fallout might be different as it was developed by Obsidian; which reminds me I must actually play through NV at some point...

GTA V is DEFINITELY current-gen, so no worries there, Crusoe.

I won't be buying a next-gen console 'til next year at the earliest. Let everyone else find the faults and allow time for the software developers to get to grips with the new hardware first. Standard approach to new consoles.

Standard approach to all new tech!

I used to have the PS2 but ended up going to Xbox 360. I have been quiet happy with it but the planned 'always on' requirement and trying to get rid of 2nd hand games sales for the next gen is bollox. With PS4 being considerably cheaper , i'm probably going to head back to the Far East, but will probably wait until 2nd half of 2014 before I bother.

Assassins Creed

Right, I put it to you that, barring the first couple of hours of the first game, the Assassin's Creed series is the biggest steaming pile of :censored:e in the history of gaming. What say you?

Right, I put it to you that, barring the first couple of hours of the first game, the Assassin's Creed series is the biggest steaming pile of :censored:e in the history of gaming. What say you?

Right,

Assassins creed 1 was pants and it put so many people off with it being so boring. If you took the gamble and got 2 I found alot of people then got hooked

AC 2 was brilliant

AC brotherhood was really good

AC revelations was MEH and sowed up some of the story (hence the name)

AC 3 graphically looked amazing and gameplay was top but the story really lost its way (It was the first one away from Altair and Ezio)

AC 4 looks very sea based so Im not too sure how its going to be..

It'll be a while before there's a new Elder Scrolls game - there was five years between Oblivion and Skyrim, AND TES Online is due for release soon, so Bethesda's resources will be stretched enough. Fallout might be different as it was developed by Obsidian; which reminds me I must actually play through NV at some point...

Life long Xboxer - contemplated a PS4 today - but like you, I'll wait a year or two until the bugs are ironed out, although can't wait to see the next gen Rainbow Six instalment. I only hope it doesn't go down the same visual path as GR:AW.

And Battlefield 4 too, should be good.

Oblivion is ace. New Vegas is ace. I still go back to NV and play old saves to head off in different story directions. I've only ever finished one story 'route'

Gears of War n'all, that must continue. If they can squeeze out Halo games that comply with the laws of diminishing returns every 18 months, surely Microsoft and Epic can give GoW a next gen makeover.

...and am I the only gamer that liked the Fable series?

The Fable series got progressively worse. Too easy, and with the house decorating and family aspects it became Sims: Fable. Then Molyneux (the king of over-promising and under-delivering) turned Fable 3 into a piece of trivially easy, linear :censored: with one big plot twist and no real choice of character development. I've learned my lesson there. Skyrim, Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas were all far better. And the excellent characterisation and plotting in Dragon Age Origins, even (to a lesser extent thanks to the arcade game combat and reuse of maps) Dragon Age 2, all pissed over the Fable series.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins when it was released and really wanted to love it. I tried my hardest, but I found the Tank/Healer/DPS model too rigid. Granted, I shouldn't have expected anything different, but hey...

The interface was a bit clunky as well.