Playstation 4 v Xbox One

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which corner of rivalry will you join?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Both Consoles
    • Neither
    • Undecided

I started out with a Commodore VIC 20 and a Binatone games console (white dot on a black screen).

The days of my dad buying computer magazines, typing the code in and saving it to an audiocassette tape. We bought a 16KB memory expansion cartridge and a turbo cassette player for the VIC 20. It felt like the future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that impending fatherhood is going to render me sofa bound for weeks and months on end, I need help from you geeks post haste. Finishing Breaking Bad and The Sopranos is a mere short term sticking plaster over a shotgun wound before I'm resorted to hours of :censored: TV. I loved GTA Vice City and San Andreas, so the upcoming GTA V has wetted my appetite again, plus I never got round to playing GTA IV so I'll do that too.

But which console do I get?

I'm probably going to need it to replace my Blu-Ray player which I use to stream movies I've downloaded onto TV. So the media player side of things still needs to be A-OK. But, pros and cons of both as I haven't a fricking clue when it comes down to consoles. Might do a bit of FIFA football but it's mainly going to be a media hub.

Or, does someone offer me more sage advice in neither - just get out more instead?

Just remember you'll need an Xbox 360 or PS3 to play GTA V as its not been announced for next gen consoles (yet).

Just remember you'll need an Xbox 360 or PS3 to play GTA V as its not been announced for next gen consoles (yet).

Not normally a fan of GTA but ill be the first to admit it looks nothing short of epic, not to mention a minor miracle regarding how they have achieved so much on the ageing and somewhat limited hardware of the 360 and PS3

I believe with the 360 version though you can't play it from disk and the 8GB install is mandatory

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Given that impending fatherhood is going to render me sofa bound for weeks and months on end, I need help from you geeks post haste. Finishing Breaking Bad and The Sopranos is a mere short term sticking plaster over a shotgun wound before I'm resorted to hours of :censored: TV. I loved GTA Vice City and San Andreas, so the upcoming GTA V has wetted my appetite again, plus I never got round to playing GTA IV so I'll do that too.

But which console do I get?

I'm probably going to need it to replace my Blu-Ray player which I use to stream movies I've downloaded onto TV. So the media player side of things still needs to be A-OK. But, pros and cons of both as I haven't a fricking clue when it comes down to consoles. Might do a bit of FIFA football but it's mainly going to be a media hub.

Or, does someone offer me more sage advice in neither - just get out more instead?

Being the Sony fan boy I am I say PS4 (it's cheaper!)

On another note, one of my old Uni mates has done pretty well for himself. I've not seen him in about 5 years but get the odd post on Facebook about what he's up to. So on Monday he spent the day suited up being motion captured with Gareth Bale for Fifa 14..... which was nice.