Marwan Koukash

With a brand new stand about to go up, a forward thinking manager who may be given a long term contract, players finally being given 2 year contracts, things haven't looked as good as this in a long time.

But for how long?

SC & Co tried to move us away from BP at least twice since they took ownership and recently said it was the only way Latics could survive long term.

He's moved the goalposts again and he's just contradicting himself, if Koukash can help fund a new stadium within the borough it's got to be the way forward...surely!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a brand new stand about to go up, a forward thinking manager who may be given a long term contract, players finally being given 2 year contracts, things haven't looked as good as this in a long time.

We've always given players 2/3 year contracts, nothing new there - you can give anyone a long contract, doesn't mean they are any good .

Not sure why there's a rush to give Johnson an extension.

As for the stand, I'll believe it when I'm sat in it.

The fact of the matter is that in the past 6 months or so we've had 2 investors make offers or at least show interest in buying the club. The pattern says another may come along soon and that could be the right one. We're actually getting somewhere at the moment, sure it's been slow progress getting the new stand up and running, the same could be said about our season on the pitch so far, but on both fronts there is an element of forward movement and a reason to be positive.

If koukash finally does buy us where would the site be. The only one I can think of his claytons.

oldgasworks higginshaw lane land by the side of the M60 at holinwood stakehill industrial estate by the side of the A627 m

If koukash finally does buy us where would the site be. The only one I can think of his claytons.

Boundary park

We've exhausted all other possibilities and I really don't want another 2 years of ambitious planning

I think corney has left the door open to other investors but we are going to have to make the most of our current patch which is a shame as it's much less than it was 5 years ago but still workable.