The 2013 Ashes Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ball from Warne is my first ashes memory. I was 9.

First cricket memory is going to see Carl Hooper smash 188 in the wood cup final for Middleton vs Heywood (or heywood vs middleton)

I'm heartened by the fact that their openers are Watson. Warner & Hughes. Watson is a very good player, but lacks heart and has balls of cotton wool. Hughes has done little to justify his hype. Get into their top order and we're cooking...

As for Warner he'll be easy to wind up, the home crowds are going to eat him for breakfast...

But I don't think it'll be the walkover everyone is expecting 2-1 to England & similar in Convict Land

Edited by oafcprozac

Michael Clarke is the only player they have we should worry about. But they should be a lot more worried about Cook.

If we play well, we win. I'm slightly worried about the batting line up, because we haven't been posting big first innings totals. But our bowlers are more than capable of taking 20 wickets I'm each match. Their attack is nowhere near as good.

3 or 4-0 over here, depending on the weather. Over there is an altogether different beast... It's a tough place to go and win and not many teams do it.

If anyone knows off/ is selling tickets that aren't ridiculously overpriced give me a shout, I missed out

Are they still selling day 5 tickets at OT? I got a day 5 ticket for £25. Obviously it's a big risk that it won't get to 5 days, but if its anything like last time (where I was locked out near the front of the queue) then it will be £25 well spent.

Cricket. It's just tennis with more catching.

But...but...but. I'm aghast.

England losing at the official and unofficial national anthems. Advance Australia Fair is better than God Save Your Queen. Waltzing Matilda is better than Ingerland Ingerland Ingerland. They need to put that behind them quickly and concentrate on finding those gaps beyond the fence and in the streets.